• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing a 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jlinker

Registered
I just bought a 1700+ TBred-B Core DLT3C JIUHB 1.5V Core. Now I know I have to unlock the multiplier, but what about the voltage? Will I be able to change it my my BIOS or do I have to unlock that on the CPU. I do have the option in my BIOS. I just don't know if I up it the voltage, will it work, or do I have to unlock something on the CPU to make it work?

Thanks for the help :p

Last edited:
Nope Voltage is controled and changed in your bios. No mods needed to be done on the chip to change that. And if memory serves me right all XP B-cores (like you JIUHB 1700+) are fully unlocked also.

So the multiplier on the 1700+ I bought should already be unlocked? I dont' have to unlock it myself? :)

The CPU multiplier is unlocked regardless of the mobo!! Some mobo's only give you access to the lower multipliers, such as 5x-12.5x. This has to do with the 4 vs 5 CPU multiplier bridges issue.

Anyway, your KT333 mobo will probably give you access to the lower multipliers. This means that you can run up to 12.5 * your Max FSB (whatever your PC2700 memory will handle).

You can always hardcode higher multipliers if you need to, either by modifying the bridges themselves or by installing mobo socket jumpers.

Back