• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second rig online again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firehawk

After too much time crunching with just one rig for my taste, my second rig goes online last month.
For now I´m with a 2500mhz Tbred (Abit NF7-S Rev. 2.0 - Dual Channel enabled) and with a 2500mhz Barton (same mobo/setup).
The rigs are doing about 11/12 units a day each, so I think I will be able TO STOP GOING DOWN and remains in top 50 :)

Good for you! Bad for me...I assume I can expect to be passed by you again in the next few weeks? LOL. You guys are just "forcing" me to build another rig, aren't you????

I Hope so! LOL
But there are guys right down there are chunking about 200/300 wu´s for week, so expect the competition to be though in top 50...
BTW, stay in top 50 and play SW Galaxies are the main reasons for my second rig :)

Firehawk said:
BTW, stay in top 50 and play SW Galaxies are the main reasons for my second rig :)

Isn't that the truth!? I've got three rigs going now, and I'm convinced it won't be enough to keep me in the top 50 between now and the end of SETI. 'Course the REAL reason I want to stay in the top 50 is that means I'll have crunched lots of WUs, which in turn, increases my chances of working on the WU that finds ET, and therefore, I get my name mentioned in the SETI@Home chronicles, thereby giving me my "15 minutes." LOL

Yeah... and I´m always putting money on this rigs. Trying to make both doing 0.417 wu´s in sub 2h mark right now. But expensive memories and chips just give me minutes. If I want huge production, more rigs are necessary. There was a time when I have 4 P4´s, one for work and play an 3 just for 24/7 seti crunching....

Back