• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What was the fastest intel cpu without fan ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

softwoolf

Registered
Dear friends,

realized that I have a network up and running - so why not integrating a fileserver up and running 24/7 ... ?

Silent and with a low energy consuming cpu... So plz see my question above... And tell me if you think that as a fileserver the cpu you name should be sufficient...

;)

If you take a fan from p4-3.2Ghz and it will be the fastest CPU without a fan. Just joke man!!!

My p200MMX was without fan, friends celeron 266 without L2cache had it. I believe some early p3 can handle it with big cooler only, but why dont you add some silent fan on it??

I've seen several P-II's with large passive heatsinks (like P-II 266). Really though, the Intel retail coolers are very quiet.

Last edited:
Shade00 said:
I'm running a PIII 450 without a fan on the heatsink: there's a low-RPM 120mm fan attached to the PS, though. It's almost completely silent.

Should be sufficient for playing fileserver, what do you mean ?;)

i had my cele 1.4 running without a fan when i had it at a 66fsb = 933 it was only my volcano 8 and the case fans dissapating the heat can't remember what the vcore was but it did it and all my fans are low rpm the stupid 6000rpm fan on my hsf is what makes the noise :(

the reason i found out was i accidentally forgot to plug in the fan :D and when i got on easy tune was givin me alot of tude cuz of it... if easy tune supported my damn mobo i would drop the fsb and see how low the voltage has to be and what the temps are.

alien76 said:
If you take a fan from p4-3.2Ghz and it will be the fastest CPU without a fan. Just joke man!!!

My p200MMX was without fan, friends celeron 266 without L2cache had it. I believe some early p3 can handle it with big cooler only, but why dont you add some silent fan on it??

okok... so let´s change the question: What´s the fastest intel cpu with a nearly not-hearable fan on it ? :p

or you can underclock a faster processor? get a 2.4c and run it at 100fsb to get 1.2 :eh?: that might work. Someone here should do that and see if you can run it passive, at a super low voltage.

NiTrO bOiE said:
I could run a PII 333mhz w/o fan. Just the stock orange/gold heatsink.
stock PII heatsinks are black.
your orange/gold heatsink is most likely an OEM heatsink.
is it a big fat mother?
stock PII heatsinks are quite skinny little things.

Gateway has a stock system that has a celery 800 w/ Alu deep pin H/S with no fan but the PSU all in a flex case so if you got a real good air sink like the Zelman copper heatsinks and drew out across it with the PSU fan you should be able to get a Tully 1.1 celery going maybe more

Back