• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V11 lapped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boX_BR

Registered
Hi
I recently lapped my v11 and changed my sucking 2100+ for a 1700+ 0310 XPMW... While changing, I decided to lap, but I got a small risk in the middle of the copper base, that I'm afraid it could be affecting my temps...
Before that, with my 2100, I had 2100 mhz @ 1.75v with 49 degrees.... Now, with the 1700, at 2100 mhz @ 1.6v, I get 50 degrees...
Could it be just a bad installation or i f***** up my heatsink?
lapping01.jpg

you got a small what? and from the pic i don't see anything wrong...

stan03 said:
you got a small what? and from the pic i don't see anything wrong...
sorry, I cant speak english very well... It's like a scratch

i think it's because you're comparing two processors at the same speed. the lapping looks fine, it's just that of course a less powerful processor would run a little hotter at the same speed.

btw, your english is great man, except your cussing hehee.. just a tiny mistake.

maybe if I get a SLK900 with a ys tech 92mm I would be fine? or shouldnt make much difference?

with a SLK800A + sf2 will I be able to use 1.75vcore? with this volcano anything above 1.65v gets above overtemp protection and gives me the siren

i have the slk-800a + sf2 and with 1.8V in bios(actually vcore is like 1.85+ since it's an asus board) my cpu core/die temp is 40-48C with my rpms at 3000-4000

that looks like a decent lapping job btw

you're temps are 'adding up' since you changed cpus

---

slk-800a for $34 @ svc.com

login211 said:
i have the slk-800a + sf2 and with 1.8V in bios(actually vcore is like 1.85+ since it's an asus board) my cpu core/die temp is 40-48C with my rpms at 3000-4000

that looks like a decent lapping job btw

you're temps are 'adding up' since you changed cpus

---

slk-800a for $34 @ svc.com
actually I'm from Brazil and I can only buy at 2cooltek.com
but I think it is $32 there
anyway, thanks....

Back