• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

having problems with my 2.4c :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooah

i can't seem to get it to stop rebooting and sometimes it won't even load windows no matter what. i'm tried 2.8 @ 1:1, 3.0@1:1, 3.2 & 3.3 @ 5:4. 3.3 seemed stable and let me run all kinds of tests but 2xprime failed at an hour and 8 min. the CPU is at 1.7Volts, mem at 2.8V and 2.5-3-3-7 timings. temps are good with Zalman 7000cu and 6 case fans. please give me some ideas. i've also disabled the last 2 option in game accelerator in bios too. my stuff is in my sig

thanks

just an update, still having problems. i tried 2.8@1:1 and it would not start up. then after pushing power 3 times it boots at 1.2Ghz (100x12) and i can go into bios and change to stock 2.4.

ran 2 prime95's overnight at 2.4 everything stock and had no errors. i updated to 1.5bios from 1.4 to try that, but still can't seem to find a stable overclock, this cant be the chip limiying my stability so early, i'm gonna test the memory now

please....any suggestions?

Id start off at 2.4 with 1 stick and loose timings, to concentrate with 1 component at a time(also will test the memory). then up the fsb to get your maximum cpu overclock.. once u figure that out go back to dual channel and start out at something reasonable and start upping the fsb till u get the maximum cpu and dual channel oc. then start with your timings.. tightening the timing 1 step at a time.. make sure u got all the latest bios updates, and lastly i dont think it is your cpu, but remeber a 2.4 is only a 2.4 not a 3.2. my 1.8c1 will only run stable to 2.7.. hopefully that wont be your case. if u dont isolate 1 component at a time its very hard to determine what the component is failing... goodluck flapperhead

after running memtest i had 2 errors, but OCZ emailed me back an hour later and told me to up the voltage from 2.6 default to 2.8. did this an no errors.

now with bios 1.4 i'm at 3.0 and completely stable after running 2 primes for 9 hours. this is with 1.6V on CPU, 2.8 on ram, 2.5-3-3-7 and 5:4 ratio. when i get back after the weekend i'm gonna try for 3.2 - 3.3 slowly to see where it stops being stable.

my PSU is the one that came with my turbocase x-dreamer, a 350w. i have 1xfloppy, 1xcd, 6xfans, 1xATI 9500np and 1xhard-drive powered off it.

now that i finally got something stable i'll see what it can do. i did sissoft burn in 15 times, maybe thats all it needed i donno, i couldn't even get 2.7 stable before at 1:1 so i'm happy for now at 3.0, i'll re-post results here.

for anyone else reading who's a noob and havin trouble i tried CPU voltage 1.6-1.7, mem 2.8, disabled last 2 option under ghame accelerator, reformatted again....and still i have no idea why now its ok but before wasnt.

Congratulations, I think you've found the problem. Get a new PSU. The generic ones suck. Your CPU alone is probly pulling 90W under stress @ 3.2 and the P4 core needs a fairly steady, non-varying supply of power.
Try an Antec TruPower (430 or 480 will probably work fine)

Back