• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.6c Philippines o/c protential?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WildHorse

Registered
Hi all,

I just received P4 2.6c from Googlegear and to my great dissappointment it is from Philippines FPO 7318xxxx. In the past I had very bad bad bad experiences with anything from Philippines, very bad o/c. I'm planning to RMA without opening it.

Anybody has this 2.6c please let me know the o/c protential, if it is good I may keep it. Thanks

umm considering all the chips are made exactly the same you've prolly got the exact same chance of oc'ing it as a costa or malay chip.

Not true... especially from Phily, I made a promise I wouldn't touch any Phily CPU with a ten foot pole....and now the frustration is back.....:(

Yes true, all chips from CR, Malaysia, and Philippines are assembled the same way. There is no good reason to assume that all Philippines chips are bad overclockers.

If you want to RMA it without even trying the chip that's your prerogative. I'd say your chances of getting a better chip are equal to your chances of getting a worse one.

Chip

I always thought the malay is the best and costa rica the worse. But who knows your chip might be the same

Hi...

Cant understand why you want to return ur Philly 2.6c cpu ? ..

got mine 2 days ago an i post at 3.66ghz running it at 250fsb at default vcore.. waiting for a replacement Mem for my OCZ 2.5cas witch i got wrongly from the Computer store..

I see no reason why one chip should be worse than the other :)

But the choice is urs... :) ill stick with this cpu as it shows good potential for ocing with the right cooling :)

running it now with an slk900u

Kenjo said:
Hi...

Cant understand why you want to return ur Philly 2.6c cpu ? ..

got mine 2 days ago an i post at 3.66ghz running it at 250fsb at default vcore.. waiting for a replacement Mem for my OCZ 2.5cas witch i got wrongly from the Computer store..

I see no reason why one chip should be worse than the other :)

But the choice is urs... :) ill stick with this cpu as it shows good potential for ocing with the right cooling :)

running it now with an slk900u

Hi Kenjo, just because of the experiences I had in the past with 4 Philly chips and I'm not willing to deal with more headaches. It's very good that u got your chip running STABLE at 3.66, congrats:beer:. What's your system spec and settings...?

BTW, I got RMA and they waive restocking fee because it's not opened, feel lots better.....My friend just returned a Samsung DVD/CDRW combo yesterday, DOA, guess what? made in Philipines. Have you ever used hard drives made in Philippines? I've got 3 dead ones here.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY ANY HI-TECH PRODUCTS MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES PERIOD.

Sorry for my misleadin statment :) i only posted at 3.66ghz.. not running it at that though due to my memory being screwed ..

running it at 250x13 = 3250
with mem at 2-2-2-6-1cmd

My spec´s are:

Asus P4P800-Deluxe 1008.004 final bios
2x 256 OCZ PC3500 433mhz DDR (1xEL, 1x2.5cas)
Intel Pentium 4 2.6c Phillipines packdate 2003-06-13
Ati Radeon 9700Pro Maya II Gigabyte

well i have been extremly lucky over the years remember my old PC133 memory noname sdram that did 182mhz cas 2-2-2-6 :) excellent ram if im not mistaken it was philli :)

maybe i should get a philly girl :) lol

forgot the picture of it all :) just oc up a bit more.. beware that the asus probe an the other vcore meauserments are wrong.. its set to AUTO in bios !

OCshots.GIF

Kenjo can you post a prime95 benchmark ????
Also , can you torture it with prime95 for 24 hours ????

while nookie is absolutely correct its hard to just shrug off results. if you look back to the 2.4b all the chips are made the same way but a specific plant and week were far superior to any other plant and week and were so on a very consistent basis. every costa rica week 52 sl6rz i have seen was doing 3.4ghz no problem while others were struggling sometimes to even hit 3ghz.

While there may be differences from plant to plant with regard to chip quality, there almost certainly theoretically should not be. In the July issue of Business 2.0 magazine there is an article that discusses how Intel duplicates the intricate details of each plants layout and construction, leaving only the choice of outside paint color to the individual plant. They even meticulously copy every bend in every pipe. From the article, "When one worker was found to be polishing the inside of an etching machine by wiping across the grain, he was asked to do it in the approved circular pattern instead." Interesting article.

nah i havent runned torture but i ran benchmark.. 42sec :)

going to run Torture next week :)

After playing with my Phillipines 2.6C for a few days now, it appears the practical limit (stock air cooling, 1.65vcore) may be only 3250MHz. :(

While I haven't given up hope for more, and have to make sure it's not northbridge instability, I'm a bit disapponited thus far. :rolleyes:

What board do u have ? .. tried running it at 1.525 vcore at that speed ? mine does 3250 at vcore 1.525

Abit IS7-E, which undervolts a little. Can't go beyond 3120 at default 1.525vcore, and it won't do 3250 stable without at least 1.65 volts. That's why I'm disappointed, along with how it doesn't appear stable at any higher speeds. :(

It's always a gamble, guess I just didn't get too lucky this time. :rolleyes:

nodsetse said:
Abit IS7-E, which undervolts a little. Can't go beyond 3120 at default 1.525vcore, and it won't do 3250 stable without at least 1.65 volts. That's why I'm disappointed, along with how it doesn't appear stable at any higher speeds. :(

It's always a gamble, guess I just didn't get too lucky this time. :rolleyes:

I never had any luck with products from Philippines. I think you'll never find luck there. I returned my 2.6c without opening it.

I dont understand how you can so blantlently discard of Phillipenes products ? .. SO U had probs with em but there are people that dont have problems were they actually works just fine ! ! should they also return there products ?

Im only trying to say that even if you get the Costa Rica cpu Or the malay cpu u can have problems its not plant specific i promise you that if i had sufficent cooling this cpu would do 4ghz ..

My 2.4Ghz (400fsb) MALAY chip barely does 2.92ghz but hey its an malay it should be GREAT but its not !

Cheers

Back