• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Pro, Ram Speed, Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraith

The last 3 digits on my 9700 Pro at 223, does that meen i have 2.3 ram? ITs samsung, so whats it rated at if it is. If not how do i find out what it realy is? Thanks!

If the ram chips have the following text printed on them, then you have 2.86ns memory.

Samsung 319
K4D26323RA-GC2A

* WFC530EA KOREA

From what I've heard, that's the best, though there is supposedly 2.38ns ram out there, but I don't know how well it OCs. The 2.86ns Samsung is also used on the 9800 Pros (as well as on my very own 9800 non pro).

Very nic,e ty for the info. So how high should I be able to OC this baby? I hear it runs hot, so should I get some sinks for it?

2.86ns ram should (theoretically) make it to about 350 MHz (700 ddr). I've gotten it to 360 on my card, but that's about it. It does get really HOT though, and decent ramsinks ought to make a big difference. I will find out soon, as I am cutting up and installing some copper ones this weekend.

Back