• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial RAM works in ASUS & Soltek.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huneycutt

Have two computers, one with the ASUS A7N8X Dlx, one with the Soltek 75MRN-L. Ordered an additional 256Mb Crucial DDRRAM # CT3264Z265.8T3 and it works fine in both computers.
Passing this on because I read the boards don't work well with other RAM and I KNOW the Crucial modules work fine. Sort'a funky but when I switch 'puters I have to switch the RAM one to the other.

I know you're wondering which board I like best and after using both for a good while I'll hang with the Soltek. Several reasons I won't go into, but suffice to say I put the Soltek in, fired it off, set the fsb to 166, memory to Auto and that bad boy went to work and has not missed a lick since day one. Athalon 2100 OC'd 2166MHz. Dollar wise the Soltek is about $30. cheaper and has great on board video which saves buying a video card.

Please, you ASUS fans don't hammer me, just sharing my personal experience and my 'druthers. It's a matter of preference, to each his own and that's why everyone doesn't drive red Chevy trucks . . . Have a happy, safe 4th. OldBird

Back