• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's better Dual AMD at 150X13 or 144X14?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

i did the pin mod trick and i got the 14 multiplier....

so the best this chip can do at default voltage is 14X144 for a 2016 speed....or i could run 13X150 (maybe 13X154 if the hard drives can handle it for 2002 speed)

but i like running 13X150 all the time because of the hard drive issue...i don't like corruption

i could increase the voltage but that would require a pin mod....also wouldn't that require me to cut L11 bridge or something?

I imagine if i went to 1.7volts I could get 150x14 (2100)....

what do you think?

Last edited:
I've found that the MPX chipset is a bit deprived of memory bandwidth, so i'd so go for FSB. 150 is good, I wouldn't go higher if you are concerned about drive corruption. If your cooling is good I'd try for 2100, that'd be pretty nice!

-Rav

I've found that the MPX chipset is a bit deprived of memory bandwidth, so i'd so go for FSB. 150 is good, I wouldn't go higher if you are concerned about drive corruption. If your cooling is good I'd try for 2100, that'd be pretty nice!

-Rav

yeah....but the only way i could maybe get to 2100 would be with a voltage increase...

and that would require L11 bridge modification since my motherboard will increase the voltage...but only to one cpu...pretty dumb, huh?

my heat sinks are sk 7's with 80mm panaflos so they are adequate for 1.7volts at least...

Back