• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Mark 2002 compare your scores !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squale

I am using PC Mark 2002 the FREE version. These are my scores.. how do you compare...

CPU Score: 7499
Memory Score: 8649
HDD Score: 651

Are these good..?

my memory is pc433 and running at: 220 fsb..

your harddrive killed mine..

squale said:
I am using PC Mark 2002 the FREE version. These are my scores.. how do you compare...

CPU Score: 7499
Memory Score: 8649
HDD Score: 651

Are these good..?

To be honest, not particularly. Your memory and hard drive scores are low. Your dual channel memory subsystem should score at least a 1000 points higher and the GXP75, although somewhat aged, should post a couple hundred higher. Here are the scores on my single channel rig:

Processor: 8009
Memory: 8316
Hard drive: 1076

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=1350871

AccordinglyDone said:
I don't understand how you beat me so bad on the mem if we both have Kingston HyperX at an fsb of 200 MHz.

That is the effect of the three factors, firstly, he is running the memory 10% faster, at 220MHz. Secondly the optimization of the memory controller in Intel systems is generally superior, and thirdly the quad pumped P4 FSB allows the CPU to utilize all the bandwidth the memory subsystem makes. The double pumped fsb of the Athlon was great when they were introduced, as memory as was single data rate SDRAM at that point, and adequate when DDR was introduced, nearly saturating the bus.

The benenfits of dual channel DDR are largely lost on an Athlon due to the fact that the FSB is almost entirely saturated in single channel mode. The memory bandwidth has quadrupled since the introduction of the Athlon, but the fsb was only twice as fast as necessary at introduction and has not been upgraded beyond memory clock rate advancements since. The P4 bus seemed like massive overkill at introduction, but serves us well now that the throughput of the memory subsystem has increased.

Last edited:
AccordinglyDone: He has a P4, you have AMD. You almost tied him in cpu even though your cpu is 700mhz less. However, P4 kills AMD in mem bandwidth. And it doesnt help that he has dual channel ram, heh.

A better example would be larva (who doesnt have dual channel ram) but still kills you in ram scores. However, youre not too far from him in CPU even though he's 1ghz higher.

EDIT: asdf, larva posted a much better explanation before me. Heh, oh well. And i lost my PCMark scores.

His Athlon is dual channel also, but as noted above the saturated fsb is preventing the additional bandwidth possible from the dual channel architecture from being realized. As such it is just as realistic to compare it to the dual channel P4 rig. The fact that the dual pumped fsb is inadequate at this point (along with the other factors mentioned above) is responsible for the lack of memory bandwidth, but this is not a trivial point as the fsb limitation also impacts application performance. This is the primary factor in producing the lead that P4s are demonstrating currently, as the Athlon fsb and chipsets need significant advancement to fully capitilize on their very competive CPU performance.

Re: Re: PC Mark 2002 compare your scores !!

larva said:

To be honest, not particularly. Your memory and hard drive scores are low. Your dual channel memory subsystem should score at least a 1000 points higher and the GXP75, although somewhat aged, should post a couple hundred higher. Here are the scores on my single channel rig:

Processor: 8009
Memory: 8316
Hard drive: 1076

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=1350871

I know the harddrive might be slow but the memory seems fast to me..

also, I was running this benchmark with Norton Anitvirus active scanning in the background, remote administrator server, MBM 5, and a couple other background programs.. would that make a big difference?

a dual channel 2.4c rig at 3.4ghz should score similar to this:

cpu 8800
memory 10200
harddrive 1000 (largely dependant on your specific drive and how much junk you have on it)

Maxvla said:
a dual channel 2.4c rig at 3.4ghz should score similar to this:

cpu 8800
memory 10200
harddrive 1000 (largely dependant on your specific drive and how much junk you have on it)

and how is that overclock set up? with what memory, what timings, and what ratio.. 1:1, 5:4.. etc.?

How high can a 2.4c compared to a 2.8c usually overclock?

I can't seem to get my 2.8c above 250fsb (3.5ghz)..

right now I just ran PC Mark 2002 again with the following setup:
2.8c @ 3.5ghz, 250/200 fsb 5:4 ratio.. Memory timings: 2-3-3-7
vDIMM = 2.65v vCore = 1.625v

cpu = 8500
memory = 9764
harddrive = 629

Should I go with 250/200 5:4, OR 230/230 1:1... those two settings are about the most I can get out of each ratio I believe..
is that crappy?

Back