• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with sb live 5.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vsalvis

I notice that when i play games with sb live 5.1 or listen to music, my speakers will 'stutter' during the middle of playing music. By stuttering, I mean sound like a cd that is scratched. I wonder what are my options to correct this problem.

Also , What speakers under $100 are the best to pair with the sb live 5.1 card?

Are u running any background progs that kick in from time to time? Like an Anti virus program?

Cos soemtime audio stutters when there is a sudden use of CPU cycles - like when connecting to teh Internet with a soft modem. The connection can often make the audio stutter.

Is you sound card sharing any IRQs? Cos the device that is sharing IRQs might be activated and thus causing the sound to stutter.

Happened to me with a LAN card and video card I think. Video used to slow down a lot while any files were being transferred thru the LAN. Popped the case and changed slots - bingo problem solved.

My computer turned out to be retarded. I had to reseat my connections a few times for my sound card. Also what happened is my speakers where a cheap P.O.S. and all i needed to do was buy the creative inspiron 6.1 6300s.

Good sound, under $100

Oh yeah : that was the other problem i was having . To fix my stuttering, i made sure no irq's were conflicting and took off the apci setting in windows.

Back