• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 or IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

i am looking into getting one of these two boards for a p4 2.4C and prolly 2-512 sticks of 3200LL Corsair ram.

IS7 is 30 bucks cheaper. How do they perform/oc?

Which is better...anyone with experience will help as well.

thanx

when you consider the IC7 has no network card it costs another 8-10 bucks (unless you already have one) just something else to keep in mind.

the IS7 and IC7 are pretty even in overclocking abilities it seems.

Maxvla said:
when you consider the IC7 has no network card it costs another 8-10 bucks (unless you already have one) just something else to keep in mind.

the IS7 and IC7 are pretty even in overclocking abilities it seems.

thats what i was thinking. the only thing i noticed is that the IC7 could use ECC ram...uh so what :cool:

And you know for sure that it's tested and approved by Intel to run the PAT memory acceloration without problems.

Most 865 Chipsets will do this, as they're mostly just marked down 875 silicon, but you might be unlucky.. :)

And am I right in saying that the 865's will only run the 'memory acceloration' when running the Memory and CPU frequency at 1:1 ratio, where as the 875's will do it at any?

Back