• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twinmos ch-5 Timings to use on Epox 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ffactoryxx

Ok, well, im checking out my system with some Twionmos/Winbond pc3200 ch-5 512mb stuff. I just started it up at 12x180 6332 which my hyperX would only do on my board (never got it past 180). Now it running stable (2 passes memtest 0 errors) and (1hr prime no errors). All is running at default voltages.

Question: What timings does this memory like and how high should i look to go without a different northbridge cool?
Do i need to up vdimm or do these chips run fine at default. Any info on the chips would be great. Thanx

ffactoryxx said:
Ok, well, im checking out my system with some Twionmos/Winbond pc3200 ch-5 512mb stuff. I just started it up at 12x180 6332 which my hyperX would only do on my board (never got it past 180). Now it running stable (2 passes memtest 0 errors) and (1hr prime no errors). All is running at default voltages.

Question: What timings does this memory like and how high should i look to go without a different northbridge cool?
Do i need to up vdimm or do these chips run fine at default. Any info on the chips would be great. Thanx

What motherboard are you running (from the post I'd guess an nForce2 based board?) ?

In general from what I have read the CH5s, unlike the BH5s, aren't a big fan of tight timings- but are supposed to be able to hit higher speeds than the BH5s due to this. You could always try setting the sticks at tight timings and overclock as high as you can stable- then you can choose to loosen timings and overclock a bit higher or you can stay where you are if the performance is good.

Also if you run into any instability on the memory's part- you can bump up the voltage a little bit (I'd say 2.9v max unless you add some extra cooling for safety).

Good luck! :)

Now. I upped it to 12x185 and got no errors 2 passes memtest but error 1min into prime. Upped vcore to 1.7 and running prime stable 30min. 40c-41c. temps idle 35-36c

Link to voltages and all. What should i do from here volteages ok under load? Pictures

PS: Confirmed HYPERX sux on my board. I mean hell, with no effort im at 185fsb with twinmos unlike my 180wall with hyperx

350watt Antec smartpower
5 case fans
sk-7 and ys tek variable
2100+
9700 np
cdrw
dvd
8rda+ 1.1 c1 stepping
512mb stick Twinmos/winbond ch-5
uv light

Last edited:
OK. ran default at 9x200 and ran mem test 2 passes no erorrs. Took 2x longer than usuall and read 442mb/s. Rebooted after test and went into bios and changed to 10x200 and no go. default vdimm and vcore 1.7. Got c1 error and beeping. Whats going on?
changed timinigs from 6332 to 6222. No go. Had to use insert both times to get into bios. BTW at 200 when i hold insert to boot it read 100fsb? Why but in bios 200mhz

ok did 8x200 fsb 2 passes in memtest at default voltages. NO GO errors all over mem test.
upped vdimm to 2.77 (2.8 in cpuid) and ran 8x200 at 6322 for 2 passes. No errors. agressive cpu setting
Was the vdimm my problem?
Am i fine now. Dont want anything to blow cause i know amdforums says ch-5 dont like above 2.63

I run my 1gig of 2700 mushkin basik green ram at 2.9 vdimm which overvolts to 3.04-3.07 so I would say your fine :D

yea but does it use the ch-5 chips that are based on the .13 micron. they are more delicate to voltage

ok just installed Mohaa and get this stupid error when i try to start a new game. The whole thing crashes. Played cc generals for 30min and its fine but mohaa always crashes!

have timing at 6322 and now 7322 (BTW do i need to do mem test every timing change and how long and what tests?) I use default not all tests

Back