• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram-sinks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I bought some ram the other day that didn't have any heatsinks on them, so I went and got some heatsinks. They are the kind you find on most ram (heatsink-ram-heatsink) With the two clips to hold them together. I need to take the heatsinks off, but don't know exactly how to go about it. Any tricks to taking them off? I don't want to scratch the heatsinks (yea, Im being anal). :D

Take off the clips then rip them off, make sure you rip a couple ram chips off with them.

The clips should slide up; a bit tough at first, but as soon as you get them started they go pretty easy.

If you used the adhesive tape stuff on the chips....well, that will be harder! The ONLY things I can suggest there are the freezer trick (in a ziplock-type bag) or cutting through the tape with a razor knife and then cleaning the tape off with goop or similar.

Not sure how well either method will work.

Back