• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think my FPS will be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonwessel

O.K. I'm like 99% sure i'm getting the R9500np "L" shaped, Spahrrie edition for my b-day on July, 14. After that, I'm going to put a stick of 512mb of ram in my system, so what do you think my FPS will be:

P4 1.6GHz

MoBo supports 4x only, but it really makes only a tenth of a FPS difference

640mb of pc-133 ram

R9500np softmodded to R9700np and then OCed 10 percent

115 watt PSU

so what do u think my FPS will be in CS? I think with that amount of ram and assuming my card is softmodded, i'm hoping for 99 constant.

woah, 115 watt PSU? That is dangerously low. BTW I hit ~75 with 4x AA and 8x AS @ 1280x960 with my specs. If that is anything but a misprint, you NEED to upgrade your PSU.

300W is "adaquate", 350W is definitely better, over that is better still.

Oddly, I've had my duallie (2x XP1600+ Pallys @ 1750MHz, MSI K7D Master-L) running on an Antec 350W PSU since I built it. Must be a good Antec I got ahold of...:p

I'd seriously consider a PSU upgrade in the *near* future, IMO. 250W is kinda cutting corners a bit too close...

My $.02

I think you will get 0 FPS because that 9500 will make your psu BLOW THE F UP!

Back