• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about upgrading a PIII (socket) HP Pavilion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

My dad has an HP Pavilion XL775, with a mid size hp case, and a stock Via 694X Chipset with a PIII-800MHz. My question is:

Are these power supplies standard ATX, or are they some kinda proprietary crap like dell uses (that look like standard atx)? The specs diagram from HP say that the mobo uses an "ATXPWR" plug, but I don't wanna blow up the new mobo that I might put in there...

Anyone know anything about these pavilions (not the itty bitty ones, this one has 3x 5.25in bays, and is actually roomy inside)?

Pretty sure Dell is the only one with different supplies...are you swapping out the mobo? If you are, you might want to get a new supply anyhow..especialy if you are going to P4 because the P4 mobo's have an extra power connector and the supply has to have that new plug as well as the standard ATX power connector to ensure the mobo is getting the power it needs. I forgot why the extra connector though

Back