• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire = Never getting my business again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morbid

Nitpicker
I just wanted to share this with everyone so they know to keep an eye out for this.

I recently pieced together a new system, put it all together, ran fine. As time progessed, I realized my video card (Sapphire 9800 Pro 256MB) and my ram (Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT) were faulty. The video card would have that kaliedoscopic artifacting originating from the center of the screen. Even with a 45CFM 80mm fan blowing over the card, it still artifacted (yes, this video was never overclocked). I bought both items from Newegg, but I decided to go to the manufacturers on this as I thought Newegg's policy was 7 days (I read this on their OEM CPU and RAM.. never realized the month gaurantee on everything else).

I went through Corsair's RMA process and things went flawlessly. I sent them my RAM which got to them on a Friday and received my replacements on Tuesday this week... very quick service, excellent company.

However, when it came to Sapphire, I emailed them and explained to them what was happening, I even included 4 screenshots showing the artifacting in Quake III Arena. I received an email back from "Tech" telling me that this was a HARDWARE problem and that I need to consult my VENDOR where I bought the card. This really got under my skin. This is THEIR product, but they don't want to take responsibility for it? Newegg had NO problems with exchanging my video card for me, the replacement should be here Friday.

Corsair... still #1 in my books when it comes to ram.
Newegg... still #1 place i'll buy from unless they don't carry something I need (read: Vapochill).
Sapphire... never again will I buy one of their products, they've lost a valueable customer.

Yeah same thing happened to me. I sent Sapphire 2 paragraphs accurately detailing my problem. Then i went on to name each part of my comp. Then i assured them that it was the video card and nothing else.

The reply i got: "RMA it back to newegg.com."

It took me like half an hour to write them that damn letter. Then he responds with a half a second reply. Argh!

Yup, they did the exact same thing with me. Guess it was just wasted time.

however either way the card has to be rma'd , does it really matter who it goes to? As long as you get a replaced new card I would have no issue with that. But this could be a differnent story if you had owned the card for a longer period of time and had the problem and then your only chance to have replaced is to deal with Sapphire.

Personally thats why I would buy ATI buitl, however sometimes cost dictates as it did with me I have a Sapphire 9700 NP falshed to 9700 Pro, but all is working fine lets keep fingers crossed for all of us!!

Cisco KId

some companies prefer to rma though suppliers... im sure if newegg refused Sapphire would rma it. at least you got a new card :)

i still hate companies you reply in 5 secs to something that takes you ages to write... nice n detailed too!

maybe they handle a lot of e-mails on related topics.
So for the service person it's about speed and efficiency.. quick and clean, not type elaborate stories.

I agree. They have to deal with a lot more ppl then just you and if they knew that the supplier would replace the card for you anyway and that's the way they prefer to work things...then I don't see the problem.

If you had said that your supplier refused to respond to you or whatever and they still don't give you any service..then they don't deserve our business.

For something like this...I don't think its worth no ever buying from them again, but its still something that you should put into consideration the next time you buy.

First, I never told them where I bought the card or when I purchased it.

The fact that they couldn't take the time to explain themselves a little further goes to show me that they're not customer focused.

It shouldn't matter if the company I bought it from would RMA it or not, THEY should RMA their OWN PRODUCTS no matter what. Just like Corsair. I presented Corsair with fully detailed information, they asked no questions, they gave me an RMA number right away.

Sapphire still doesn't deserve my business.

Back