• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Web site unable to be accessed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archy

Registered
OK, so i'v put the htm files in wwwroot folder.. THen i try accessing it via internet. http://myname.no-ip.com it worked.. I tried to get another person to test it.. It showed an error for him saying no host blah blah blah.. Then i got another person, it worked for him, then i got the 4th person.. didn't work for him.. then 5th.. then 6th.. seems like only 2 people can access the page :( how come? I've set it up by IIS btw on win2kpro.. and... all computers that have been tested are on broadband no dial ups.. and... two of them were on network and they both didn't work.. why is that? thankss:D

is the name resolving properly for everyone?

Did you habve the people who couldn't access the site do an NSLookup? Can they ping your server, etc ,etc.

also, if you just set things up, or changed DNS records, it can take up to 72 hours to propagate...

Go to the no-ip.com website and download the No-IP DUC.

That will keep track of your IP address and redirect people accordingly :D

Are the two people who can access the page on the same isp as you? Your isp may be filtering port 80 which would not allow other people to access accessing the web page, try changing the port to a high nonstandard.

Last edited:
nope, people using same ISP as me can't connect as well.. and i do have no-ip DUC.. and... They all can access my ftp. Seems like the problem's in the web page and not the URL.. i've configured the IIS and all.. but seems liek ti still doesn't work

Ok, there must be something wrong.. I've set up the virtual directory.. pointed it to the correct folder, update the IP for th web server.. DID everything.. but still people can't get in There must be soemthing wrong.. but i spent 2 days on it and i got no clue.. Help meeeeee
Btw here's a rundown of my stuff
Win2k
DSL direct connection (no network)
Runnign web on IIS, (wwwroot)
so what's wrong :(

One more thing.. People that faile usually gets error after loading for a while.. So i think it's my server not responding to their request.... However one computer can always get in..

I think i set it to anyone can access... In the directory secuity i've set everything to lowest.. however where do i edit permissions?

hah this is giving you so much trouble, why dont you just use apache ? its soooo easy, install it then drop your stuff into htdocs :) run apache and thats all that needs to be done...

Ok I think i found the problem..
I was flicking through the administartive toolds and i went to event viewer.. Then The error logs was jus very outstanding..
So here's the errors it logs whenever someone fails to connect to my page,
First one :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 105
Date: 7/12/2003
Time: 8:00:57 AM
User: N/A
Computer: User
Description:
The server was unable to register the administration tool discovery information. The administration tool may not be able to see this server. The data is the error code.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Second one:
Event Source: SMTPSVC
Event ID: 105
Time: 8:00:57 AM
Computer: User
Description:
The server was unable to register the administration tool discovery information. The administration tool may not be able to see this server. The data is the error code.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Third and final error:

Event Source: DhcpServer
Event ID: 1041
Time: 8:01:57 AM
Computer: HOPLEESERV
Description:
The DHCP service is not servicing any clients because none of the active network interfaces have statically configured IP addresses, or there are no active interfaces.

So these 3 errors always show up whenever someone fails to connect or load the site..
What seems to be the problem :\

Back