• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! nforce2 board with dual ddr & mounting holes!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arthas76

Registered
Help! nforce2 board with dual ddr & mounting holes?

hello all,

im really looking for some recommendations on a nforce2 board that will support dual ddr & mounting holes for my pal8045 heatsink. i dont need tons of features, as i have a great soundcard, firewire card, etc.

thanks in advance!

great. i started overclocking it about an hour ago. i'm running generic PC2100 and i've got it to 174*12 synchronous. over 2Ghz on crap memory. this board is great!

i just read on tomshardware the ultra 400s are stripped down models that dont have the dual channel capabilities...is that true or not?

Well I can't speak for all of them but my Zenith Ultra has dual channel. IF you want here soon I can reboot and take a pic of the boot screen showing dual channel.

arthas76 said:
i just read on tomshardware the ultra 400s are stripped down models that dont have the dual channel capabilities...is that true or not?

Not true. The nForce Ultra 400 is the latest nForce 2, the nForce 400 (no Ultra) is stripped down.

thanks for all the good info...

i know this is sorta noobish, but could someone point me to an article or something about the dual channel ddr? will i need to buy special memory? i was hoping i could use my 2 sticks of samsung pc2700...

All you need to do is put two of the same rm chips in the DIMMS. So in other words you don't want to put PC2100 in one DIMM and PC3000 in the other. Make sure they are the same speed and Cas rating.

Back