• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ and Laser Remarking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like OCZ's true colors shine through once again, and they shure as heck aren't gold. So much for them turning over a new leaf.

comedy, dont you haters ever get tyred? i dont know if its true or not, who cares its performing @ rated speeds and way higher, so whats the big deal. i dont care if its bs pny chips on the OCZ ram as long as it does what it says it will.
look at all the new PRS OCZ beats all in cas latency for 3700, and 4000 ram. and beat all the other companys in benchmarks so....... OCZ speaks for it self.

ALSO FOR YOUR INFO, THIS REVIEW WAS WRITEN BUY Michael Shouleet A MUSKIN WORKER LAF

Last edited:
Note #1 : Reference EL DDR packing specification is linked at /spec/elddr.html

Purpose :Increase speed of ( SEC packaged ) TSOP , through using EL DDR packaging theory. To fill product shortage during die revision change

EL DDR Packaging : by decreasing the thickness of encapsulate (low thermal transfer rate ) we are able to effectively increase heat dissipation in DRAM and thereby increase the effective speed of each IC . Using a third party fabrication and packaging plant this theory has been proven and the (B) die revision OCZ EL DDR die had great success. Average maximum speed increase during stage 2 testing has been verified over 23 MHz.

Proposition: While dies fabricated by 3rd parties for OCZ in 3rd party packaging have proven successful to this point . We feel that to insure our success we should supplement by speed binning large quantities of 3rd party IC's and by physically modifying the package decreased thermal resistance and re-speed grade the ICs using the standard Advantest ATE.

Licensing and Disclosure : We have negotiated an agreement with Samsung Semi to allow us to physical modify SAMSUNG brand ICs . Samsung Semi will provide us with pre-graded 466Mhz and 500Mhz ICs for modification. In Exchange we are to provide SEC with the complete EL DDR guideline . See Ryan Petersen for License agreement details.

Industry Disclosure: See Ryan Petersen

off the OCZ page

how where you lied to, on OCZ site they state they are using Samsung ram modifiied go read for yourself

Given the explanations put forth by OCZ, I wouldn't say that they "lied." However, I do think that its at least slightly misleading to sell Samsung PC2700 as OCZ 3700, regardless of whether or not it works fine at those speeds.

i just placed a call to mushkin memory company, asked to speak to Michael Shouleet. was put on hold then the lady asked whats this about, i said OCZ ram review. was asked to hold again, then i get a dial tone ??? so i call back said he ready to talk yet, lady said never heard of him and hung up! whats that say!

The bottom line, OCZ has delivered a product that works as promised.

Cry all you like, but the majority of companies in this world resell others products under their name. It's nothing new. As long as the product delivers what the consumer expects, who really cares?

Misleading yes, outright lying, I'm not sure about that.

It's like saying:

"Thermally conductive skived device is carefully treated with a high intensity silicate oscillator that features over two thousand particles per square inch. This precision proccess over a silvered silicon based, optically clear surface ensures even contact with the processor core and maximizes overclocking potential. The CPU is then impregnated with atomized silver particles suspended in a ceramic/silicon substrate that further reduces thermal load across the core. Our extensive, painstaking proccess guarantees your CPU will overclock to its rated maximal speed."

What I just described is lapping a damn heatsink on a mirror with some 2000 grit sandpaper and slapping some arctic silver on a cpu. Most manufacturers bend a truth a little bit. OCZ is claiming that sandblasting a few millimeters of packaging off the ICs is some high-tech, scientific way of maximizing performance. While I have no doubt that the sand blasting does what it's supposed to do, I have to admit, the OCZ site's description of the proccess comes really close to the limit on bending the truth and lying.

We don't use a sandblaster, we use a laser. Our description of the IC packaging process for EL DDR is actually pretty accurate.

if its the fastest out there.........who cares how they do it?

its not like they are calling them pc3700 chips and the chips not running spec. we all know the pc3700 go far and beyond what ocz says they do. why criticize them for that?

would you mind if a reseller offered moddified 1700+ processors guaranteed to hit 2.6gig on reasonable voltage for around 180$? If the company warrenties the overclock and it runs stable its fine by me.

I can't understand why anyone is ****ed about this:rolleyes:
If you guys are so ****ed about this go buy the same Samsung chips on Samsung pcb then.... good luck even getting to ddr400 @ cl3 btw..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back