• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lots of condensation prevention =.....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bratchneydog

Registered
I'm setting up a pelt system (mcw-5000) and part of the preparations, as we all know, included massive amounts of silicone. Three different flavors in fact! To the question..

I have an Asus P4G8X deluxe and my condensation prevention procedures included filling the center of the socket with silicone. Where is the cpu thermometer on this board? Will it still read accurate temperatures? (i assume it probably won't if it is in the center of the socket, now covered with silicone) If the onboard thermometer is now useless, what should I do so that I can get accurate temp readings? Is there a thermometer out there that i can rig up somehow?

Comments appreciated!

the sensor that display the cpu temperature is inside the pentium4 core (on die) so you do not have to worry at all :)

Back