• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing User Accounts Privacy Setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

When you create a new user account, or it might actually be when you create the first user account, you get an option to make the user accounts' folders private. Is there any way to change this from private to public once an account (or the original account) has set it to one or the other?

If its set to private, you cannot gain access to the folders in taht account, unless you are logged as that account and from that computer.

- Thanks

I would love to know this too and why cant the Admin see in them as he is supposed to be able to go anywhere.

Not sure why an admin cannot access them, Id've figured they could see anything :/

A while back I must've set one of my accts/comps to private. But I keep almost everything that I use daily on my users desktops, but since the desktop is part of the user accts folder, I cannot access it remotely.

Back