• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Word of warning :) NF7-S & 5900FX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exodus00

Registered
Anyone planning on getting a Leadtek 5900 FX.... better have a RAID card, cus you'll lose your secondary IDE onboard controller on the NF7-S... the card is so big.... had no idea :).. lucky i got a controller with my 200GB drive or i'd be in trouble...

if anyone has both of those and has figured out a way to squeeze it in.. let me know.. i couldn't get the card mounted with a ribbon attached to the mobo there

I dont mind.. I wasn't gonna go ATI... my friends kept telling me to.. well.. two did.. one used to be a diehard Nivida fan.. sorta still is... he said no one would notice if i crossed to the dark side.. :D

so.. I knew i was going nividia( cus.. I've had Nividia ever since I've been into gaming.. long long time ago) ... didn't want an FX5800 cus of how bad it sucked... so.. saved up some cash and went with the 5900FX... figured even if the 9800 pro beat it in some tests.. its still a dang nice card... and it looks cooler than the 9800 Pro :)

Why stick with a company that cheats to get good scores in 3DMark03, tells a person enhancing their drivers to stop or be persecuted (Omegas Corner, Omega's Corner), and thinks people like a Ramjet blowing out the back of their machine?

I was a diehard nVidia fan until about 3 months ago when I bought my Radeon 9700 Pro, and haven't regretted going to the competition yet.

Why sell yourself short and buy something you know is beat by another card? Espescially when they are the SAME PRICE!

I'm getting a little hot-headed...:mad: ...gotta go have a smoke and get back to taking it easy.

Oh, and one more thing, good luck with the new vid card.

didn't want this to be another nvidia vs ati post.. just wanted to warn people who didn't know that it is a HUGE card.... no worries though

and honestly i'm not a person whos going for the utmost best in every benchmark, or what card can handle the highest resolution with AA and everything thrown at it.. I just want something thats gonna do the job and last a while... never had a problem with nvidia's cards, which is all i've ever owned... so I didn't see a real reason to spend 300+$ on a company I'm not to framiliar with.. that and I use Linux on a seperate partition and I've heard a few horror stories regarding ATi in Linux.. so .. thats where I stand in the whole nvidia vs ATi thing :)

Uhh it is a huge card and I dont have the Leadtek but mine works fine. I have the Gainward 5900 128 and it slides right in between my Ram clip holder thingy and the IDE port, no problems at all. Gainwards a few extra bucks more but high quality.

Oh manhart why dont you run over to .Click me and check out their extensive article on the nvidia cheaty thing. Its not all black and white....like most things. Although i certainly dont like the their dealings on the Omega drivers....but thats for a different forum....

So buy a Gainward 5900 if you have this mobo

Last edited:
OMG NO... BALLER LINKED TO TOMS HARDWARE EVERYONE AVERT YOUR EYES!!!

Baller! Dont ever do that again! People just laugh when people reference Toms Hardware, seriously, Tom is a clown. Try and find another more respected site that itterates your oppinion.

Last edited:
Umm ok, now they may be big bussiness but did you read their article? Could you point out where their logic is flawed on the article. I guess even clowns like Fortron power supplys..... I dont read the site very much but its great if your learning German....which I am.

Big business? What does that have to do with anything? Im not some anti capitalist. Im very business... big or small.

I dont know... why you assume I dislike Toms because they are big business...

I dislike Toms because tom has no credibilty. Not only the recent thing with THG trying to block all other press from getting into the MML2. But past bias and mistakes in reviews and articles.

I guess even clowns like Fortron power supplys..... I dont read the site very much but its great if your learning German....which I am.

I havent heard of Fortron... But Ive heard of Forton. Forton/Sparkle same PS different name. I use a sparkle... they are awesome.

But that aside.. I still have no idea what your talking about with clown... and fortron.

Ok yeah I have seen that article before. Its fine. I cant complain about. I just try to avoid tom's. It has nothing to do with the specific article you posted

should of known better than to say the word "Nvidia".. now we have a full fledged war going :)

Back