• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know where to get thermal tape.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Frys also has some. I stopped by and purchased a little pouch of it. It was big enough to mount 8 alum heatsinks on my 9700np.

My po-dunk town doesn't have a frys, I think the closest one is over an hour away. I'll try a compusa or something, they might have some, I tried the sample deal but last time I tried with that company I didn't get didly.

go to www.outpost.com. They are frys official online retail site. You can purchase it from their. Not sure how much shipping would be, but it is incredibly light and is just tape. Maybe shipping will be 37cents?

Thanks, it seems they have the tape there for 3.29. I'm assuming its the same you bought at frys so how much did you get for whatever you paid? It doesn't really have a length listed.

Just remember that if the tape's bonding abilities fail in the use of ramsinks, and they fall off the card you may short out your motherboard.

I have used thermal adhesive many many times and I have never not been able to safely remove it via the freezer trick.

Anyone have any idea of the thermal specs on that Sekisui #5760? I've not been able to find a spec sheet for it anywhere.

Highspeedpc.com sells some seemingly good tape (6.5 w/mK is very good), but it is very expensive $9.99 for a 5 inch strip, compared to 2.00 for a 6 inch strip at Best byte. But if the Sekisui #5760 sucks, then it may be worth it.

The tape is working fine for me. It was barely enough to make 8 pads for ramsinks on my 9700np. And no, they haven't fallen off or anything. It works just fine. I applied plenty of pressure to keep them on.

kct2 said:
Anyone have any idea of the thermal specs on that Sekisui #5760? I've not been able to find a spec sheet for it anywhere.

Highspeedpc.com sells some seemingly good tape (6.5 w/mK is very good), but it is very expensive $9.99 for a 5 inch strip, compared to 2.00 for a 6 inch strip at Best byte. But if the Sekisui #5760 sucks, then it may be worth it.

I just installed some BMG sinks on my 9700 Pro with left over "Sekisui #5760" from my old Thermaltake mem cooler kits .
Works quite well with no problems .
So the"Sekisui #5760" stuff from Bestbyte will be be the same and work quite well .

stereo555

Last edited:
Back