• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holly HOT BArton batman

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcfan60

Damn, my processor is burning up, Its stable and all but I get 54C idel and 61 C full load. its a 2500+ Barton runnig @ 2.3Ghz 1.85 Vcore and a Volcano 7+ with medium fan speed (full fan speed = ears bleed, so no full speed 4 me).
I made sure that there was enough preassure on the processor and I still get the does nasty temps even though I have the case with nice air flow.
My old 1700+ tbred @ 2.25 1.85V core ran @ 43 Full load....
Bartons R freaking hot. any sugestion to fixthis 61C full load insanity...?

is that 1.85 Bios ? or Hardwaredoctor ?
or MBM5

i'm running Bios 2.0V hardwaredoctor = 1,88
means 53 DC watercooled !!! load

I was getting 50C socket temp, 58C cpu diode temp with MBM5 under load using a vantec aeroflow at 2300MHz.

Well at least I'm not the only one. Mine sit at around 54* full load. But I'm still running at 1821 MHz. This damn old Shuttle board won't support anything higher. Got a NF7-S on the way though *crosses fingers*. Hopefully by Monday night I'll be able to complain about 58* running 2.0G!

you're gonna need to pump up the fan speed if you want lower temps...still, it won't do much..maybe 1 1/2 - 2C's.....lap your hs.

andy, is your system stable on P95? i've read that the AQXEA's are good oc'ers but i thought they needed more than 1.55V...nice oc, have you tried 2200MHz+?

wow nice Andy 27-38 on a msi is nice seeing as it's the on diode temps!...you have tons of room to overclock!....I would be at 2.5gHz 1.9vCore in a heartbeat with temps like that!

dcfan60 um erm lower that bad boy before you end up with no proc.:D

sweet.... didnt know if that was on die or not, but now that i know it is :) :)

btw... msi does not have a pci lock does it? If it doesn't, then my multi's only go up to 12.5 for some reason. When i try the 13x multi it boots up to windows as if it wree the 5 multi :( if there is somethin i can do to get around it i need ot know!

Unfortunately, you'll have to mod your barton, and then you'll only have access to multipliers 13 and above. I haven't attempted it, so I can't really give you more info. I think you are correct, there is no PCI lock on your MSI mobo.

yes msi does not have a pci lock or agp for that matter but as for temps mines 2200's at 37 idle and 39 load thx to the new hs ignore my sig i figured out today why it was running at 50* i needed to flash bios :) and as for dcfan60 what mb u got if its a nf7-s then u need to flash the bios ur temps are actually 10* lower than shown :)

in my sig, cant look at the rest right now, no more as3 :(

im testing 2.2ghz with 1.55 vcore right now... hope it works!

ok, the 2.2 works on 1.55 vcore, now all i have to do is the stability testing. Works great in super-pi now just gotta run prime for a while:)

With out a pci lock, how high can i get my fsb without screwing my hd's over? im thinkin around 180-185 but im really not sure.

I only have this board for a while, my a7n8x dlx is lost somewhere deep in the rma process :(

Back