• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wizard softmod for 9500...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

Can anyone help me out... I need either a working link (I have googled it about 10 times already plus used altavista and nothing) or someone who's nice enough to ICQ it to me. I have a card sitting here waiting and the suspense is killing me!!!

Thx in advance...

wannaoc said:
The link I have is down at the moment. It might just be a server thing so try it later...Link

yeah same thing all day here too... i hope it comes back online soon 'cause i can't find it anywhere else, which is sort of shocking.

this is leaving me with a serious headache... ati drivers will NOT f'ing stay uninstalled long enough for me to do the damn mod. 256 bit but it isn't unlocking the other 4 pipelines... well, first off the only drivers i can find are cat 3.5, and there is NO ati2tmag.sys file there at all.:mad: second, the damn drivers will not uninstall, regardless how many time i have tried. i'm about to throw this card through the f'ing window atm!!!:mad:

Finally unlocked the other 4 pipes!!! :D. Now for some benching and testing for artifacts. wish me luck.

Last edited:
I don't think drivers just go around installing themsleves.. uninstall control panel then display drivesr.. then delte the 2 ATI folders in c: and c:/program files. Then i think you extract the drivesr to a folder with winrar and then do the patch scrip then install.. then install contorl panel.

artifacts and not stable... is there a way to mod it into a 9500pro?

What driver version did you end up installing? The softmod didn't work well with the cat 3.5 drivers when I tried. Try 3.4. If you need the drivers for 3.4 and the hacked file send me an email and I'll shoot it to ya.

fernis said:
What driver version did you end up installing? The softmod didn't work well with the cat 3.5 drivers when I tried. Try 3.4. If you need the drivers for 3.4 and the hacked file send me an email and I'll shoot it to ya.

tried cat 3.5, and i think 3.2 plus latest omega. were you getting any artifacts when you tried 3.5? let me know asap while i still have the card. tia...

oringinally posted by W1zzard
the url for my site has changed ... its now www.ocfaq.com/softmod

please spread the word to other forums etc...
sorry for the problems

W1zzard, either your site is getting hammered or there is something wrong... can't download any files without locking ie up.
thanks for the reply btw...

when i tried the soft-mod i used the rivatuner script... with cat3.5. is there a chance if i use cat 3.4 and your hacked file that it may work without artifacts? guess i just need to try again.

Last edited:
You have been blessed, the w1zzard has heard your call.

Just got it myself, now I just need the card to hit my door.

:cool:

what do i need to do to revert my card back to 128 bit? this card is a complete lemon.

Thanks for the update W1zzard. Does the 3.5 drivers perform better than the 3.4? I am currently using 3.4 and are getting a score of 5619 with 3DMark03 with a 2502 fill rate. Do you guys think 3.5 drivers could improve this? Is the update stability updates or performance updates or both?

q149 said:
Your card is always 256 bit. You unlock the pipelines not the memory bus.

that is not true regarding the 9500np.

Sapphire ATI OEM RADEON 9500 128MB DDR BULK
Specifications:
Chipset: ATI RADEON 9500
Memory:128MB 128-bit DDR memory
Supports the new AGP 8X standard (2.0 GB/sec)
Unique VIDEOSHADER™ engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
ATI's latest FULLSTREAM™ technology removes blocky artifacts from streaming Internet video and provides sharper image quality
SMARTSHADER™ 2.0 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications

here

and saphire's own website

Last edited:
The 9500NP memory subject has been extensively covered already. The bottom line is the red PCB boards with the "L" configuration for the memory IS 256bit bus, not 128. The softmod opens the 4 pipes to tun it into a 9700.

Back