• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios 1010-01 beta p4c800dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Works good, however my memory bandwidth is down 200MB/s according to aidi32. Oh well hopefully 1010 won't crash my pc in the middle of the night and wipe the cmos, had that happen with 1007 once.

fruitcake173 said:
did anyone try it yet, my floppy drive doesnot seem to work so if its no good i cant get another. (floppy gives me i/o error if i want to boot from it, i can write to it in windows tho)

Actually 1010.02 is available now. Had it running for two days and it seems fine. If your having trouble with your floppy, use the update program that Asus installs. Should be installed in the Start menu under Asus. I have used it about 5 times now and it works great. Saves all that booting from floppy stuff.

yes i know i upgraded to 1008 with that asus thingy, but i cant downgrade using it, at least i couldnot, gave some error about nbot being able to read the bios or something but ill try the latest :)

fruitcake173 said:
yes i know i upgraded to 1008 with that asus thingy, but i cant downgrade using it, at least i couldnot, gave some error about nbot being able to read the bios or something but ill try the latest :)

Sure you can... that is provided you are able to get to the program, won't do you any good it you can't....(G) The first item in the menu is to save the present bios to a file. Save that and you can always go back down. Of course keep a copy of it on disk in case you have to boot from disk...

Sheesh and I just got done upgrading my bios to the 1.8, Hopefully this new bios works ok for me.

Back