• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Please Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molester

ok, in my overclocking adventures, something has gone horribly wrong.
while i can read anything on the net, all my program information is all jacked up. for instance, instead of saying "START" on the start button, it a square, then a little up arrow, then a little check mark, then an "X", then an up arrow, it's like all the letters got changed to characters, how do i fix this, other than that, everything is fine, hehehe, i set it all back to the previous settings that run stable?

Any suggestions, or did i burn up the processor?

That sounds very odd. My guess is that its as simple as your selecting the wrong character set somehow. Can you post some screenshots?

Sounds like it could be some kind of registry problem or something like that. Your processor did not fry, its not that. Sounds like maybe your hard drive got curropted while overclocking. Maybe you should reformat. Make sure when installing windows the system is at stock speed. If its overclocked it could mess up the install.

is there a language setting in windows i could change? i mean, i can read this, cause it's in html

Good thought. Maybe the language setting got messed up. Hoping you have windows xp:
Go to control panel
Regional and Language Setting
Make sure everything is set to English (United States) or something to that effect. Good Luck!

can someone give me a screen shot of the regional and language icon, then the tab that sets it?

Sure. Hold on a few minutes and I will have one for you.

or what about system restore?
and if that might work, can someone walk me through it, can't read a damn thing?

Here are the screenshots...

Controlpanel.GIF

regionaloptions.GIF

inputlang.GIF

Hope this helps. Just make sure everything says English or United States, basically.

To get a screen shot, just press the Print Screen button when you are ready. Then paste the screen shot into paint and save it as a jpeg or gif file and you are all set.

Sorry that didn't help you bro. But I did have fun making those screen shots. Good Luck!

ok, fixed, brother did a system restore from 2 days ago, all back to normal now, but, thanx for the help w/ decyphering

on that note, might want to make a sticky about this, and everyone, make sure you use your system backup for restore in case this happens to you!!

Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Restore
(if you can't figure out the words or buttons, type them on word pad, and match them up)

Back