• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Covering My Tracks: The Need For Secrecy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gkeuler8

Ok Whenver I go To a search engine and Being to Tpye Something in a whole comes up of the things ive typed in before On that search Engine , How Can I delete this?? Cause I Need Secrecy!

Even History Kill Dosent work...!!

Thats autocomplete I beleive, you have to turn it off. Try internet options and advanced settings, might be in there, not sure though.

Yup. Tools>Internet Options>Advanced> The next line under Underline Links is "Use inline autocomplete", uncheck that box.

Truthfully though, IE still has that info, it just quits displaying it.
Don't know how to get it out of there since I used win98 (winhacker could do it).
Maybe "Windows Washer" could do it too...try looking through download pages like download.com for capable software.

uh...... I just do tool>internet options and use "Delete Files" and "Clear Cookies"

Well, if you want to delete the entries as well (I think it deletes them anyway... but knowing M$, it probably just starts sending it out to their master servers :rolleyes: )

In the auto complete area, click 'clear forms', and it (once again..) should get rid of the stuff. Just used it myself about 4 hours ago :D

JigPu

If you're using Windows 95/98 then I think deleting every file in the c:\windows\history and c:\windows\tempor~1 should do it. This must be done in dos mode (not a dos box under windows).

Back