• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird stuff on screen w/9700pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, I just got my ati 9700pro and today I noticed, when I left hegemonia legions of iron playing... when i came back the computer had restarted... that happened a few times, until finally I decided to watch and see whats happening.

Its hard to explain but everything becomes squares and circles and triangles (all big ones) with no details from the game... ie planets or ships... and all in different solid colors...

Anyone know what has happened? Is this a prob with the card? with my overclocked cpu? mobo?

Please help!

My very unprofessional diagnostic from many miles away:

It could be anything you listed, and the only way you will find out which one, will be eliminating one of them at a time.

I'd go in this order (checking for the symptoms after each one):

1) If O/C'ed, reduce vid card to stock speeds.
2) Reduce CPU to stock speeds and voltage settings.
3) Try different drivers or downloading the newest drivers.
5) Borrow a friends vid card and swap for a day.

My guess is:

It is the CPU and/or vid card O/C. Diablo II hates either of them being overclocked, the CPU espescially. And since Hegemonia and Diablo II are both of the same style of graphics, I would come to the above conclusion.

Good luck.

Back