• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless PCI Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

howlingyeti

I have a debian 3.0r0 install and am using kernel version 2.4.20-3. I was wondering if you guys could recomend a good wireless pci card that you know works well with the linux-wlan-ng drivers. My wireless access point is a Linksys model and I believe it operates on a 2.4Ghz / 802.11b. The linksys card I bought before was the wrong version (WMP11 ver. 2.7 does not use the Prism2 chipset) and I have been unable to locate an older version on ebay. Most of the sellers seem confused by the question and can't seem to give me the answer. So... any suggestions for a good wireless pci card that uses the wlan-ng drivers? Thanks.

Never tried using a PCI wireless card, you can however get a Linksys Wireless Bridge, and use a wired PCI card. A cat5 cable goes from you LAN card to the wireless bridge, the wireless bridge allows you to connect to the wireless network. No drivers needed. As far as linux is concerned, it just has a normal ethernet card...

That was the suggested solution by the guy at the computer store. It's also a costy one. I was able to find a DLink Card on ebay that should work. The linux-wlan-ng driver website has a very nice compatibilty table for those interested. Thanks.

Back