• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lookin for a new game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugbyroy

I'm wondering if there's anything like morrowind, but with far better graphics and the ability to interact with the environment even more. I like the idea of being able to do mostly everything in a large make believe world. Does such a game exist?

Have you played both morrowind expansions (Tribunal and Bloodmoon)?

Better graphics? Try running Morrowind in 1600x1200 with full AA and AF.

Do not get everquest. You will get sucked into it like a blackhole. Sure, it seems fun and innocent in the beginning..but then, in 6 months or so, you're addicted and cant stop. Its bad.

Gotta go...must...play...everquest.

Stuff said:
Do not get everquest. You will get sucked into it like a blackhole. Sure, it seems fun and innocent in the beginning..but then, in 6 months or so, you're addicted and cant stop. Its bad.

Gotta go...must...play...everquest.
And thats why its called "Evercrack":p

My wife is playing Dungeon Siege now. I bought it and havent had much time to play it since I am hooked on Rise of Nations and WCIII Frozen Throne. Anymore I just have a hard time getting into RPG games since they take so much dedication to keep with it. I also tried Arx Fatalis and that seemed like it could suck a guy in pretty good too.

You can interact in Splinter Cell a lot and it has great graphics, but it's not fantasy... Other than that I only know of World of Warcraft, which isn't due out til 2004. Zelda for gamecube is nice.... Isn't the King Arthur game any good? It's a massive multiplayer but you have to pay monthly, it's like everquest.

What's up with games where you have to pay monthly? That is just wrong to me. For instance, star wars:galaxies. That game looks sweet to me, but after dishing out fifty bones for the game I don't and shouldn't have to pay like ten bucks a month for the "privelage" of playing their game. It's not about gaming anymore, it's about money. That sucks.

rugbyroy said:
What's up with games where you have to pay monthly? That is just wrong to me. For instance, star wars:galaxies. That game looks sweet to me, but after dishing out fifty bones for the game I don't and shouldn't have to pay like ten bucks a month for the "privelage" of playing their game. It's not about gaming anymore, it's about money. That sucks.

i agree about the monthly fee i think that is wrong. Also i know the graphics aren't better but have you played Baldur's Gate(I and II)? Its probably my favorite RPG, maybe even more than Morrowind :eek:

good rpg with graphics = Neverwinter Nights, and you can now get the expansion, i loved the game.

Dungeon Siege was ok graphics, but the game was to easy i mastered it like nothing.

Diablo2 is greatly addictive, however graphics are bad, sometimes i wonder if gta2 graphics are better :p:eh?:

Now it depends what kind of rpg you really want like those are i guess a certain class, there are other rpgs like black and white with decent graphics (i have an evil profile for outlet of anger nothing like throwing a villager then nailing him with a fireball, and a good profile for those mellow days...)

Now there is also a game called sacrifice very addictive and fun, older but good graphics i still enjoy it on occasion i suggest giving that a shot.

Gothic is an older game and full of dust on my shelf havent played it in a while, well it had ok graphics back then and i realyl cant remember thats a pretty deep RPG, gotta pick a camp (team basically and get accepted not as easy as it sounds)

Pool of Radience, i think i spelt it wrong sorry, however i have never played it although my friend owns it and played it for a while, i cant recall how great the graphics were but i believe thy were decent. Its a turn based sorta game.

Summoner was a pretty good game i used to love it, altho the turn based attack got annoying, but some of those chain attacks i pulled were intense. Its a game worth looking into, hmm i wonder if there is a summoner2 i cant remeber...i should look it up.

Also look out for Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle i hear it will be great , i probably wont get it cuz its strickly online and you have to pay for online play..BULL****!...

I hope this helps, if you need anymore dont be afraid to ask I m usually around...hehe :D

~Zoltan

Try "CRIMSONLAND"

You can downlaod a free trail of the game. It is extremely addicting and very easy. They just made a new version and I paid my $20 and am pretty happy with it for the amount of time I have played it so far.

I'm gonna tell you to stick to the old games such as Baulder's Gate and Icewind Dale. Though the graphics aren't so great the game play is really great. With so many different things to do in these kinds of games, you will busy for a while. :D

WiteDeth said:
I'm gonna tell you to stick to the old games such as Baulder's Gate and Icewind Dale. Though the graphics aren't so great the game play is really great. With so many different things to do in these kinds of games, you will busy for a while. :D
Id have to agree even tho neither of those games i have liked but what he says is true, ya should play games that have good gameplay...but sometimes its just YOU WANT THOSE GORGOUS EYE CANDY, MOUTH DRULING , WHY CANT I SPELL kinda graphics! :D
AND THATS SOMETHING NONE OF YOU CAN DENY :D

I've never really played a mmorpg. I've been looking at galaxies a lot lately. Even with the montly fee it's looking pretty sweet...

Back