• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do these voltages look right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

+3.3= 2.77v
+5= 4.87
+12=12.28v
-12=-13.26
-5=-5.09

System is an AMD XP 2100 tb@ 2.2ghz 1.77vcore
8rda+ mobo
512mb corsair xmspc3200
9700 pro
antec 350w psu

Your +5 is a little low, that is the line that usually indicates trouble.
If it stays where it is, you'll probably be ok. But if it starts to drop further, random reboots will probably follow.

Yea thats a bit low for the 5v rail. Is that under a heavy load? I see your rig specs but what about optical drives, HDD, lights, fans etc. All those things add up and effect the psu. Also your 3.3v seems a bit low. What brand PSU is this?

Is this measured with a multimeter or MBM? BIOS/MBM readings are usually inaccurate and better reflect the performance of the board's voltage regulators than the power supply. Also, pretty sure that low 3.3 reading is the vdimm, not the actual 3.3.

Best way to see if the PSU is handling things is to take readings with a multimeter. If the system is stable, you're probably fine. My own system reports between 4.50v load and 4.82v idle on the 5v (this is with vcore 1.85v), yet the system is stable as can be and the PSU puts out a steady 5.03 at all times.

I have 3 case fans, a DVD drive, floppy, WD 60gig 7200rpm, and an older WD 10 gig. It's an Antec sl350. The readings were read from mbm.

The reason I'm curious is because on two occasions the computer would not turn on until I waited for around 20 minutes. Absolutely no power (ie wouldn't boot, no lights, no fans). The first time was when I was having troubles with the BIOS, and the second time was when it was rendering all night long. I'm not sure if the computer shut down before the power went off later in the day. (They were doing some remodeling in the kitchen and turned the power off)

The 3.3 is not just a bit low, it's super low.
Check them with a multimeter though... if it's from a prog or bios those voltages can be so off it's not even funny.

I installed an epox utility, and yeah it appears that 3.3 was actually the vdimm. USDM (epox) says the vbat is ~3.1 and the +5 is 4.9

Back