• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

alright i need a new case. i want something original. needs to have some room inside and has to be able to take a rad in the front intake spot. right now i have a black chieftec on my wishlist at newegg. this is far from original but it meets the performance recquirements.

what OTHER cases are their. no xaser chenming antec etc that are the same as this chieftec.

Addtronics x896a, and check out some server hardware retailers (not servers themselves, but cases, risers, etc.), sometimes they have good, unique, but obscure stuff that could be modded a lot.

Another vote for CoolerMaster.. they are real expensive though. If you want something cheaper and like the Chieftech type cases check out this one, i think i am going to order one of these my self.

loner said:
Addtronics x896a, and check out some server hardware retailers (not servers themselves, but cases, risers, etc.), sometimes they have good, unique, but obscure stuff that could be modded a lot.

the addtronics are a bit expensive. i'm on a rather tight budget. do you know of any places that would sell that kind of hardware? every time i do a search i get consumer level stuff

q149 said:
Another vote for CoolerMaster.. they are real expensive though. If you want something cheaper and like the Chieftech type cases check out this one, i think i am going to order one of these my self.

i'm going water cooling and i want something i can fit a rad in. most coolermaster cases have those long vertical rails in them. i'd have to chop half of it out to fit the rad in. i don't know how that would do with structural integrity.

right now i still have my eye on the chieftec i mentioned for $68. if i don't go that route i may spring for a chenbro genie and go on a modding spree as it's very plain jane. the genie only costs $89 at coolcases.com. if anyone knows of another place to get it link me please!

the xaser is the same exact thing only ugly as sin and already modded with everything i'd never want except for the swinging fan thing over the PCI slots.

I am looking for a new case, I am looking at the Cooler Master TAC-T01, or a clear acrylic case, they look sooo cool. the TAC-T01 is just beautful and unique to me.

The Antec SLK3700AMB seems like a good choice to me. I just ordered it from directron.com without the psu for $46. They sell it with a variety of PSUs as well. Newegg carries it for $65 w/ a 350W PSU. Dual 120mm fans are nice and the lower 3.5" drive cage can be removed for the rad and you are still left with 2x3.5" drive bays.

Thats actually a very nice case, but only if you fill up the drive bays or replace those ugly drive covers. The CK910 and CK999 on this page are just a little more expensive, but look good too IMHO.

emericanchaos said:
here what do you think of this. looks pretty sweet for the price. the bezel is quirky looking.

http://www.caseoutlet.com/case/3882/CS-3882.html

I agree that is a nice looking case. Has lots of features, Alum, removable mobo tray, lots of room for a rad and comes with a couple fans. All that for 65 bucks plus shipping seems like a great deal. This reseller looks like a bit of a gamble since it seems they have not been around for too long. Great reviews though from each of the 10 ppl that are listed at resellerratings. I say go for it and let us know how it turns out.

i don't like the xaser's. they're ugly to me plus they're already modded. i want something that's:

A. going to perform well, offer good amount of space and provide ample cooling or cooling potential since i will mod any case i end up getting.

B. going to be unique. i don't want the same old case.

i have it narrowed down to the chieftec which gets point A done well but isn't very unique. or a chenbro genie which gets both done but is going to take alot of time and money to get it where i want. jury's still out. i'm on a budget so we'll see. i have an idea for the genie though. i was going to look for some tight wire mesh. looks like screening material but is much heavier gauge and use that to cover a blow hole on top and to cover a the front intake spot. i was going to cut the shudder looking peices out and put wire mesh over it. if i could get it in a chrome finish it'd be sweet. if not i'll paint it blue to match the cathodes and cables. also going to try to put some blue LED's behind the motherboard so when it's dark i have a nice blue glow coming from behind the board. maybe a couple cathodes behind teh bezel to get a glow out of the wire meshing. depends on how much room i have and how thick the cathodes are.

Back