• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbiePerson

Ok, I beat the Frozen Throne today. What happened to the orcs? I see a little bonus campaign, I assume they ran away from everyone and try to start over? That's kinda bs. I think this is another starcraft type ending... which really sux. The last level was sorta tough, with Illidan respawning every 5 seconds or so. I love how the Cinematics the heros kill each other in one hit but when ur actually fighting it takes 50 or so. So what did you guys think of the campaign?

READ WRAITH'S POST FIRST...........SPOILER

The campaign rocked. Orcs didn't really have a place in the story, but I think they're in the bonus campaign. The ending was good, it leaves room for another expansion that they'll need to create to hold people over for WoW, Starcraft: Ghost, and Starcraft 2.

People could not know about the lack of Orc campaign or not yet know there is an Illidan in the game. Well......it could be a slight spoiler, you didn't tell them anything big.

i FINALY beat hard in the origonal last night, been meaning to ask you guys,m i never saw any orc in marine suits, wtf? all i saw i nthe end credits were hydras attacking night elves for like 1 min.

In TFT there is ANOTHER little 3 part orc campain hidden that I found. In single player/ custom campain there is a adventure with Thrall and his boys in 3 parts but its more a tutorial and is quite easy. Worth a look tho.

I'm doing the durator campaign ever so slowly...
I've started resident evil 0 for gamecube.
It seems sort of ok

night elf... already did the durotar campaign on hard... supposedly blizzard will be publishing the end of the campaign for free on the website after a while

I hope they have it up pretty soon, that campaign had some potential I think :) Felt like an RPG actually.

Im stuck on the campaign were i pursue this green paper and travel great distances to purchase my liberation :D So is the storyline in the expansion ever so great?

To me the storyline in the expansion was a letdown. They build up the characters so much during each race's campaign and fail to followthrough on the climax. They do an excellent job of getting you emotionally involved in a couple of the main character's plotlines but the ending leaves you wanting more detail and richness. Also, I was a big fan of all the cutscenes in the original WC3; there are a total of 2 in the expansion, everything else is handled in-engine. The first cutscene is great visually, but the dialog is lamentably campy. The end 'finale' cutscene comes off as being tacked-on, unfinished, and not-quite-ready for primetime.

* Edit: I have the same sorts of problems with the newest Harry Potter book and I think the culprit could be the same thing in both cases: Lack of strong editorial influence.

I don't want to sound so negative, however. The expansion is a must-have for gameplay alone. The maps are very much improved from the original... I think there are only a couple maps where you start with a small base, expand, and attack... the rest are more along the lines of static forces invading an installation, and other quest-type pursuits. There are even a couple maps which mirror some of the more popular player-created maps you see on the various fansites. The new units seem very well balanced and just plain feel cooler. AI is incredible... on the "Hard" setting it plays better than 95% of my online opponents.

wc3 reminds me of SC...

Starcraft there was lotsa cutscenes but in the exp it was mostly all in-engine type shows. The comparisions between the two games are almost identical even the storylines :p

Like kerrigan turning into Zerg and that one dude turning into undead and always have the scenes were the 2 main characters "like" eachother and something dramatic happens, but thats just my paranoia talking :rolleyes:

HeatM1ser said:
You suck for telling me the ending....well,theres money wasted...thanks alot!

I just re-read my post, (and all the others in this thread) and I have to say... what the heck are you talking about? No one has revealed anything at all about the ending. The only thing that remotely resembles a spoiler is that someone mentioned the fact that Illidan is in the game, which you would find out in the first 2 seconds of playing it.

Back