• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCAddiction interview with OMEGADRIVE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice article evnas, it was a good read

edit: also I like how nvidia contacts Omega and tells him to stop making the drivers and say they will contact him later but don't.

he should have just said he would continue making until they told him not to - but then considering the host has been told to do one, I guess hes kind of stuck there

Nvidia...must they continue with this hole they dig?

Yea, he did say he would have continued to make their drivers, but when nVidia went behind his back and told his host to take down his drivers, thats when he decided to stop making them.

This has to be one of my favorite parts of the read though....

Will you continue to develop your own drivers for ATi? Have you made contact with them to see if a similar situation may ensue?

Yes, of course! ATI has opened their doors to me. In fact, I can ask questions directly to the driver developers and ask them for features or submit problems. In the beginning of Driver Heaven, we (Zardon and I) tried to contact nVidia for their support, but they refused. They stated the site was too "ATI" biased. The idea was to make the site as neutral as possible, but they refused to believe it.

As for ATI doing the same thing? I asked Terry (Catalyst Maker) about it. He told me that there was a time, in the beginning, when their lawyers where planning to contact me about my drivers. But, Terry stood up for me and told them to "stay away" from me. I think I'm very well protected in the ATI side :D

Now that, is true support for the customers, and the "industry" of third party products

Back