Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

online store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 07-15-03, 12:47 AM Thread Starter   #1
ashenfang
The Jet Man!

online store

I am interested in starting up an online business. I am curious to see if there is anyone here would be interested in becomming a partner. Obviously we haven't met personally, but we could work something out for someone who is interested. But i do have some basic questions.

I want the store to be computer focused in some way (obviously)
Not sure what the best market it
Ideas on review of new products ect.
Online shopping.

Basically looking for ideas that would make something like this successfull.

What do you think?

Old 07-15-03, 01:44 AM   #2
InThrees

No offense, but it looks like you're asking for money and a business model.
InThrees is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-15-03, 01:47 AM   #3
amdperson

Why dont you do some research on google. you will get a lot more info there than hear in the forums.

XFX 1GB HD-6850
1TB Seagate 7200 & 1TB Hitachi 7200
18.5" Benq LED LCD Monitor
Coolermaster 750W GS
Samsung DVD RW/Ram
amdperson is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-15-03, 03:53 AM   #4
InThrees

Anyway, if you want to resell webhosting, I could use you.

Um... hrm... I know members with standings of less than "Old god-types who are bedecked with stars and colors" can't post links and stuff, but is what I just posted appropriate?

"CAN I GET A RULING?"
InThrees is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-15-03, 04:41 AM   #5
BigRed
Caffinated Member

10 Year Badge

If your looking to make bundles of money then Online computer hardware isnt a very good area.
You operate on a very low profit margin (very, very low), plus the high startup cost doesnt make it very appealing. Prehaps if you do some research around your area and find a good medium sized town with 1 or fewer computer shops you can open up a successful brick and moarter shop.
Thats what I plan on doing once i get a 2 year degree to back up my skills (no way in hell I could stand school for 4 more years )

How far over stock could an overclocker clock, if an overclocker could clock over stock?

Back in the days of the Greeks and Romans whenever the people where confronted with a single or chain of Destructive events on the Epic scale they took it as a sign of the gods displeasure with how things are going then promptly deposed (killed) the leader of the time.

AHHH the good ol' days :D
BigRed is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-15-03, 07:56 AM   #6
timmyqwest
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by BigRed
If your looking to make bundles of money then Online computer hardware isnt a very good area.
You operate on a very low profit margin (very, very low), plus the high startup cost doesnt make it very appealing. Prehaps if you do some research around your area and find a good medium sized town with 1 or fewer computer shops you can open up a successful brick and moarter shop.
Thats what I plan on doing once i get a 2 year degree to back up my skills (no way in hell I could stand school for 4 more years )
Yea, it's not like newegg.com just popped out of nowhere, they had a very large chain of stores throughout the country first.
timmyqwest is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.