• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What has happened????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

I just recently added a new cooler to my video card and now when ever i take it out and replace it i get this.
4134210010-scrambled.JPG

I have to take it out and try and seat it different ways in the agp slot before i can get it to work. Is this video card or mobo related? I also added a new northbridge cooler. See sig for system specs.

Is your new cooler very heavy and pulling the card out of position?

Also, did you do anything to change the cooling on the video card memory. That looks like a memory related problem.

Yeah, that reminds me of video memory clocked up too high, because I've done it to mine before...

i used asIII why? the cooler maybe pulling the card. I will try and start the system on it side and see if that helps.

I think he means that ASIII is conductive, therefore if you managed to accidently get any on some circuit contacts it may be shorting stuff out.

Correct me if im wrong, i cant remember offhand if asIII is conductive, but im pretty sure it is...

Slaught said:
I think he means that ASIII is conductive, therefore if you managed to accidently get any on some circuit contacts it may be shorting stuff out.

Correct me if im wrong, i cant remember offhand if asIII is conductive, but im pretty sure it is...

Yeah it is slightly conductive

Slaught said:

you where 100% correct. O popped of the hsf and saw that 2 fuses when covered in asIII. I don't know home it happened but all is fine now.
Thanx

Next time, try using a completely non-conductive non-capasitive paste, such as Arctic Alumina or Ceramique. That will stop little accidents like this from happening.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Back