• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Juice on the laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

Someone spilled some juice on the keyboard of my friends laptop. She said a lot of her keys are so sticky that they won't even work. What would be the best way to clean it up and get it workin somewhat normal.

Thanx in advance,
-YB

Pop all the keys off then test each one by pressing the little white thing the key is attached to. If they are all working just clean the sticky places.

in most laptops you can pop the keyboard off and then clean it with 99% Alcohol and let it sit for a couple of hours to make sure that the keys and electronics are dry.

I've used both methods, and from my experience, removing the keyboard from the laptop and using q-tips to clean under they keys is a much better solution. The time I popped off all the keys to clean them, just didn't work that great; once they were back on they were all stiff and a lot harder to depress.

How difficult is it to remove the keyboard? Seems like a better idea instead of just popping off each individual key. I don't have much experience w/ laptops.

-YB

That depends on what type of laptop it is. For the most part if you get on the company's web site you can find some sort of mantainance manual for the laptop that will explain how to remove the keyboard.

Back