• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WooHoo Finally...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bafbrian

Check this out, I decided to go with the pin mod. I took me forever and a day to find the pin and put that super small piece of wire on their. Anyway, I finally got it on and now I have a 2Ghz processor. The best part is that this is the first 2Ghz processor I have ever had. Before, I couldn't get this this to bootup with a setting of 12.5*166. But now, I can do and oddly enough, my temps have actually decreased from other 1700.

The weirdest part is that I am doing this on a 1700 DUT3C because I didn't want my 1700 DLT3C (miracle chip) to fry. Amazingly, the temps are lower on the DUT3C than the DLT3C. That part kinda scared me.

Anyways, I am really happy and I thought that I should share my experience.

Oh BTW - I know that 2Ghz isn't a big deal nowadays, but hey, when you get your first good overclock, you are really happy.

lol, yeah nice to hear, people always post what went wrong and sometimes that can scare people from trying certain things, so good to hear something went right :D

Way to go!

I tried wrapping the wires around the pins and was unable to do it, I found it impossible.

That's is a good thing.

THX for all the good words. I rather choose to ruin my DUT3C than my DLT3C.

I would have thought that the DLT3C would run cooler because it it 1.5v and the DUT3C 1.6v.

The odd thing is, is that the DLT3C seems to run at about the same temperature as the DUT3C with 1.5v vs 1.6v. At the same voltage, the DLT3C is slightly hotter.

Fever said:
The DLT3C uses more amperage then the DUT3C does.

Congrats on your OC! :D

Yeah, should've seen this as obvious by now. Each have the same power draw, yet different voltages; one overclocks better than other with the same voltage. Its gotta be the current.

Gautam said:

Yeah, should've seen this as obvious by now. Each have the same power draw, yet different voltages; one overclocks better than other with the same voltage. Its gotta be the current.

Ding ding ding! :D

On another note, I need a DLT3C. :(

Congrats baf!. I know that it can be very good to get an overclock you were hoping for. Hopefully you can go a little higher...but good job. Nice to know things are going good for ya! :D

Back