• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get these headphones!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rutkus

ok, i was sick and tired of hearing my annoying roomate complain about my music and games being too loud. so i read up on some things about headphones and decided to go with sennheiser hd-590 they have the BEST sound i have ever heard on a headphone and its comparable to my 5.1 monsoon setup.

the bass on them is incredible, multipositonal sound, and worth every penny i spent on them. i paid about $170 for them. makes BF1942 sound so much cooler and the fit is extremely comfortable. they work great with my audigy gamer sound card

just thought i would share this rant :D

how very nice, i have the exact same soundcard as you, and do get ****ed off when my sister/parents comnplain about music and games too, also i play games when i cant fall asleep and i tend to play into the wee hours of the morning, and everyone knows a game is nothing without its sound :)

Sennheiser HD-600 and HD-580s are pretty good also.

You might even want to check out the Grado cans. I have a pair of RS-2s and love 'em.

"just thought i'd share this rant"

hmmm...

on the Motor City Online forums we had a section called Rants and Raves

Kinda like Gripes and Moans...

i wouldnt call this a rant, i'd call this a rave.

I just cant imagine spending that much cash on headphones!

I have a pair of sony v6 (7506) and they are awsome. They are a standard headphone used in most recording studio's and editing rooms. They have amazing bass and a nice midrange and are a lot cheaper then the senheiser 590's (60 vs. 170). They are hard to find however but there is usually a pair for sale on ebay all the time. If you get these headphones you will not be disapointed unless you are a discriminating audiophile that has a finely trained ear.:D

timmyqwest said:
I just cant imagine spending that much cash on headphones!

Then you can't imagine good sound.

Take your favourite game. Play it w/ normal speakers (brand really doesn't matter).

Then play it w/ a set of good, expensive headphones. You won't wanna go back to speakers.

Ad Rock said:
I have a pair of sony v6 (7506) and they are awsome. They are a standard headphone used in most recording studio's and editing rooms. They have amazing bass and a nice midrange and are a lot cheaper then the senheiser 590's (60 vs. 170). They are hard to find however but there is usually a pair for sale on ebay all the time. If you get these headphones you will not be disapointed unless you are a discriminating audiophile that has a finely trained ear.:D

I have a pair of MDR-V6's they are nice headphones:D I got them at fry's and I know they are not hard to find.

emericanchaos said:

ahem, you rang? i may be getting some phones soon enough. i AM an audiophile. what's good for under $80?

For under $80 it doesn't get better than the Grado SR-60s.

Kendan said:

I have a pair of MDR-V6's they are nice headphones:D I got them at fry's and I know they are not hard to find.

Would you mind telling me how much you paided for them since I couldn't find them in a store anywhere up here in Canada.

memphist0 said:

For under $80 it doesn't get better than the Grado SR-60s.

The Grado's are an excellent set of headphones, but they are more of a music headphone due to their open air design. Since the sony's have a closed can they have more bass and in my opinion would be better for games. Just depends on what type of listening you plan on doing. ( Sorry about the double posts I dont know how to quote two different threads).

V6s aren't bad, but because they are closed the bass doesn't sound quite right. It's boomy and a little over emphasised.

HP 497's are worth considering as well. The Sony's would probably be better at lans though if that is a consideration.

If you are a musician... good headphones are a must... the ones he mentioned here are good.

When listening to a symphony, or studying a piano composition, they come in handy...

oh yeah.. games too... :D

The HD-600 and the HD-580 are the best sets of headphones Sennheiser makes. So for price sake I'd go with the HD-580s

Back