• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze 4 block hold down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James McGee

Registered
I am interested in trying out a Maze 4 block, but I see that they use 4 bolts to hold them down. I have the Asus p4c800 board with a P4 3.0 and looking at the board I don't see 4 holes in the board to use.

Are those holes under the hold down clips that hold the P4 now? Do I have to take that hold down off in order to use the Maze 4 or do they have some other method of holding the block for the P4?

Dangerden does have a socket hold down version which uses the socket tabs instead of bolts. It doesn't specify if it works on both AMD and Intel CPUs, so I assume it fits both.

No, the socket hold down would not work, You might want to check for holes, I dont know what you would do if it didnt have any.

Jon

James McGee said:
I am interested in trying out a Maze 4 block, but I see that they use 4 bolts to hold them down. I have the Asus p4c800 board with a P4 3.0 and looking at the board I don't see 4 holes in the board to use.

Are those holes under the hold down clips that hold the P4 now? Do I have to take that hold down off in order to use the Maze 4 or do they have some other method of holding the block for the P4?

You have the holes if you have a P4, they are what is used to mount the plastic bracket that holds the Intel heatsink/fan.

You'll need to remove the bracket in order to use the holes, there are four hollow lock-pins (similar to the hold-downs for vidcard hsf and northbridge hsf commonly seen in use today) that you need to remove first. After the pins and bracket are off you're in!

Back