• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having problems installing RH9!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

So I'm not exactly a Linux newbie. I have done several installs before. This one, however, is being a pain in my a$$. I go all through the installation screens and get to the point where it formats the drive. It then starts copying the install image to the local drive. It gets about 3/4 of the way done and then sits there for a minute. Then it tells me that there is not enough drive space!?!? What the heck is that all about? I even tried stripping the install down to the bare essentials. I have a 1 gig swap partition and an 8.5 file partition under /. Any ideas? I was thinking that maybe the hard drive went bad (bad sector or something), but it never fed me any errors before under Win2000. I'm racking my brain on this one...maybe I'll dig up that copy of Solaris I have somewheres...

Last edited:
did you look at the HCL for RH9. It may be that your MB/HD are NOT suppported or have bad issues...

also, take everyting out of the system except mem, vpu, and HD and try to install again....

engjohn said:
did you look at the HCL for RH9. It may be that your MB/HD are NOT suppported or have bad issues...

also, take everyting out of the system except mem, vpu, and HD and try to install again....

And maybe the CDROM. :)

Did you make sure that there wasn't anything on the drive before you started? Did you check that there really is some free space where the installer reports there to be none?

Yeah. The drive was clean. All it had was the partitions I had the installer create. I'm gonna try a different drive tonight and see what happens.

Back