• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Klipsch's are dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spacetwinke

Registered
My klipsch 4.1's are on the death slide and cut out with annoying static.

Im looking at the logitech z-680's is this a good set. Ive never heard them and the models at the store suck because they have
nothing of value to come out of the floor sample. Its hard to go by
reviews alot of times because over half the people writting for the magazines express bias. Thats what makes message boards good is the people who own the products are a better source for
product knowledge.

or would I be better off going with a set of klipsch 5.1's?

-Thanks

Sup man,

I'll have a set of Klipsch Promedia GMX d-5.1 on the 21st of July (delivery date). I can give you a low-down as to how they measure up, but I'm afraid that I have no experience with the logitech z-680 to offer as a comparison. Still, if I'm in gibbering and foaming in ectasy after hook-up, you may get some info outta it.

Is it your first set of klipsch's?

I bought my set over 3 years ago. It was the first 4.1 set.
They made improvements on the 2nd 4.1 release with the controls and headphone jack if I remember correctly.
So I imagine the 5.1's kick alot of ***!!!! So let me know.

Im just fishing for some input on the logitech to see if I'd be missing out and trying to get the best for the $$$$'s
It sucks when you go into best buy or compusa to check the floor models out because they have crap coming through them.
They should be hooked up to a quality system and soundcard with a few game demos and mp3's and even a dvd sample to see whats up.

Keep me posted and thanks for the time to reply.

will keep ya informed bro. yeah, it's my first set of klipsch's and i'm eager to see if the result equals the reputation. i don't plan on being disappointed, heh.

welcometotheforums.JPG

oh and spacetwinkle, better watch out with those logitechs, they are notoriouse for having troubles. different channels just start to go out. ive seen many members have EXTREME troubles with those. so just as some advice you might want to stay away from them.

I would have to completely disagree with modenaf1's comment that logitechs are unreliable. Those who do have problems with them are mostly ppl who dont have the common sense to wear in their subs b4 they crank them. I have a pair of z560s (4.1) and I've never been so satisfyed with a product in my life. I can turn them up till it literally hurts and still have crystal clear sound. their 5.1 system is the best on the market and its pretty cool that they have alot of decoders stuck into one little system. Maximum pc along with a number of other reliable computer sources all agree that the logitechs kick klipsches *** on the 4.1 and 5.1 systems

I've had the z680s for a week now and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the sound quality, and I'm _very_ picky about sound. For $290 shipped from NewEgg, it's amazing to have 5.1 Dolby surround for DVDs and such. It's also nice to have a home system to rival my car sound system!

I haven't heard the Klipsch set but so far I'm happy with my Logitech set.

Just my 2 cents..

-- Dave

Back