• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boomslang 2100 anybody?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kilomph

Registered
I'm planning on buying it, I left ball mice a long time ago, but that 2100 DPI and cool design looks awesome, and I heard a lot of good things about the older Boomslang. It'll be available the end of this month in Europe, but they're goin for $94 on ebay, lol.

http://www.razerzone.com/ for anyone who hasn't heard of it.

just get the 1000 on ebay for like 40 bucks. That's what I got, it's a hell of a mouse, takes about 2 days to get used to but once you do you'll love it. It slides perfectly and stops right away, I don't like the newer optical mice because they are too light when you move them.

ajrettke said:
just get the 1000 on ebay for like 40 bucks. That's what I got, it's a hell of a mouse, takes about 2 days to get used to but once you do you'll love it. It slides perfectly and stops right away, I don't like the newer optical mice because they are too light when you move them.

No way, i'm sure your mouse is good but i'll wait till the end of July to order the 2100. I have a logitech Dual Optic Mouseman now, everytime I set the sensitivity in CS to anything below 3 ( I play at 1) when I try to move fast it stalls, moves in the opposite direction a little, then moves in the direction I told it to. All mouseman do this. Most people just dont play at such low sens. I'm definitly gettin that Boomslang though, it looks delicious. :D

who are you disagreeing with? I'm saying get the boomslang 1000 because it's cheaper......the newer optical i was refering too was mice like dual optic that you have, not the 2100....i don't know if that's ball or optical though there's no real info on it.

The 2100 is ball. I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just want to wait for the 2100 to come out rather then to buy the 1000, it'll be out in a week or two in europe.

Didnt razor file bankrupcy and then come back a year ago? I still wouldn't buy for a little while... Its up to you but if that happens to a company I dont buy from them for awhile.

I have the Razer 2000. Bought it a few years ago when they first came out and i loved it. After i moved and bought a new PC i never hooked it up and let my roommate use it and he complained about the sensitivity hehe.

Honestly, i don't think i have ever had to open it up and clean it because it was acting bad like normal ball mice do. When i cleaned it, it really wasn't that dirty inside so it's a pretty neat design. The bottom does collect a bit of dirt, but doesn't get inside, so it may stick or whatever depending on what you do at your computer (i.e. eat junk food/drink sodas and they spill and you run your mouse over it or something...hehe).

I forget what i paid for it, but it was alot. I wouldn't pay that much for another mouse i don't think, but i sure got alot of work from mine and recently hooked it back up but it's seen it's last days i think from sitting in a box with crap on it.

If you get the new one, you will definately enjoy it and it will take a while to get used to, but once you do, it's awesome. Killing people with it just comes 2nd nature :D

I make it a point never to pay more than $30 for a mouse or a keyboard. There not worth more than that to me. I paid 14.00 for my nautral style keyboard and 20.00 for my funny shaped IBM mouse. I am happy with what I got.

But if you want to pay 100.00 for a mouse What ever, hope you like it...

eab said:
I make it a point never to pay more than $30 for a mouse or a keyboard. There not worth more than that to me. I paid 14.00 for my nautral style keyboard and 20.00 for my funny shaped IBM mouse. I am happy with what I got.

But if you want to pay 100.00 for a mouse What ever, hope you like it...

I like your thinking! the mouse and keyboard I have is basicly a generic one! I didn't see the point in getting expensive ones! they do what I want! But if you want a mouse that does alot more (for more $$$),its up to you!

Back