• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kernel driver for the integrated nforce2 lan adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
make sure to download the src. because the RPM for RH 9 doesnt work. if you look on the nvidia website on the forums you'll see how to compile it.

I got the source, but I can't seem to compile anything (even the kernel) on debian. I selected all the gcc and other "development" stuff during the install, but all builds seem to fail.

Maybe I'll retire this machine for a day and drop gentoo onto it:)

klingens said:
nvnet.o worked for me just fine on debian. what error message do you get?

Could you elaborate on this a little more? I have the newest stable version of debian available on their site, and there is no nvnet driver anywhere in their CD setup. I have been trying like hell to get a new kernel on there, but all the builds fail.

It´s not on the Debian CDs, since the nvidia drivers aren´t Free software. Instead you have to go to the nvidia site and get the tar.gz from them

You didn´t tell me the error message you get, so I assume it´s the "modversions.h not found" one. Install the kernel-headers with apt-get for your kernel and you should be able to compile the nforce drivers

Last edited:
klingens said:
It´s not on the Debian CDs, since the nvidia drivers aren´t Free software. Instead you have to go to the nvidia site and get the tar.gz from them

You didn´t tell me the error message you get, so I assume it´s the "modversions.h not found" one. Install the kernel-headers with apt-get for your kernel and you should be able to compile the nforce drivers

Well, I gave up on debian at that time and went ahead and installed gentoo today.

Again, the make fails. The error it gives is "/usr/libs/blah/blah not found, exiting"

or something similar to that. Other stuff was going wrong too, so I figure I missed a step in the install somewhere (I was installing it from memory:))

EDIT: Damn I didn't realize there was an ebuild for nforce-net.

I got it now

Last edited:
Back