• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Translucent plastic painting results! (and ms optical mouse painting)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xeeozees

The before shot is here.

The paint colour is ash black, with metallic flakes in it. These pics were taken at night, so trying to capture the natural reflection was near impossible with a flash.

case-1.jpg

case-2.jpg

case-3.jpg

cheese.jpg

Yay, reflections are cool!
mouse.jpg

Complete with matching mouse.

The 3rd pic shows the flecks in the paint. Looks really good. The 4th pic is a bit disturbing as we can see you in the reflection :p.

Nice work!!! :D

-Bobby

It's Holts Dupli-colour car paint. I added a couple of layers of clear lacquer to gloss up the metallic a little. Finally, I used some rubbing compound then polished it up with Auto Glym.

I did that on the whole case and now my arms feel like lead.

yeah dudomann, its obviously his gf. But i'm afraid that mine is more hot that his, and im not refering to the goat ;]

***Waves a $5 bill in the air!!!***

nah.. my g/f is cuter :D
sarahpic.jpg

now, what was this thread about?

:edit: .. oh yea .. I love the paint job. I think the mouse would look awesome if you did the plain grey buttons on the side in a good orange :p. **looks @ sig, looks at avatar, looks @ blue/orange case** What!? .. ok so i like orange.

My girlfriend is cuter, she could kick your gf's *** at ping-pong :D

Ya, orange is a cool colour, though it's a huge political statement where I come from. Heh.

ROFL
maybe its just me but im geting more enjoyment from this thread concerning the GFs then the very nice case paint job

btw my wife would beat you all . my job prevents me from posting actualpics but i can give you a link to a site that she is featured on but i can not tell you which one she is ( its a legal thing due to contracts ect ect )

somewhere on one of the 3 pages is my wife . note i will not give any hints or confirmations to which :) other than she is obviously japanese :) (im not though)

http://supergroovey.com/zaks/zaks_ultrababes2.htm

Back