• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 1 by me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(v)estra

well i have been playing cs for over 2 hrs tems steady 39* i start brosing this forum on for like 10 minutes temps 36* outa nowhere my computer starts giving the over heat beap i was like what the h*ll so i kill the power wait a few secs boot to cmos and my temps are 65*!!!!!!!!!! OMG! so i imediatly set at factory setings [email protected] and its still running at 45* did the peltier on my thermaltake thermalelectric cooler just decide to quit? thats an odd 1.

i will keep brousing the forums and watch my temps

ps can power surges cause voltage spikes(even though im on a surge protector)???????

well this is wierd not 5 seconds latter i look at my temps on mbm5 and 30* go figure

what does this mean was it just a fluke or dod something just go wrong?

The TT subzero4G, is well not powerful enough. It uses a 73 Watt peltier. Your overclocked AMD cpu has 80 or so watts at full use to dissipate, at idle, the cpu uses 20-40 watts, so the 73 watt variable peltier can handle that, and of course giving you 30 C. It seems that mbm5 is giving you the different temps. When the cpu in the BIOS said it was 65 C., did any of the mbm5 temps say "65 C," or close. You might be monitoring the wrong temperature....

Back