• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Coke "IN" my Nexus Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I know dumb thing to do, I had a glass of coke sitting on top of my desk and the girlfiend swung her hand around and knocked the glass off of the desk as it proceded to run down the front of my computer and get into the knobs on my nexus. The controller still works fine, but some of the knobs have a gooey feeling when you turn them. Especcially when it is cool in the room. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean it. Can I take the knobs off without breaking anything. P.S. I did the washer trick when I bought it and it has ran flawlesly for 4 months hooked up to 9x 80mm fans.

Disconect it from everything and you can use 409 or another degresser to get the coke off. Then I'd sugest a washing with alcohol to get the last of everything off.

Back