• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quad gpu cad card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

druidelder

There was a company that was making what was essentially a VooDoo 6000 for cad a copule of years ago. I know Quantum 3D was making cad cards based off of 3dfx technology, but they don't have any info about cards that old on their site. I'm not sure they were the ones that made this particular card. It was a quad gpu based off of the vsa100 (just like the VooDoo 6000). Does anybody know the name of the card or the manufacturer? (I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try.)

As far as I can remember, Quantum3d were the only ones to use the 3dfx VSA-100 (or any other 3dfx chipsets) for CAD use, although there most likely were some other companies as well.
Interestingly, this link indicates that Quantum3d is still manufacturing systems using the VSA-100 in their AAlchemy systems, and they are not (or never were) into the business of selling just the video cards based on the VSA-100 Chipset. The best place to find more info on this would be the x3dfx forums as I'm sure they know more about this than I do. :)

I've been to all the 3dfx/VooDoo forums. No luck there either. If I hadn't thrown out all my old computer magazines, it wouldn't be a problem. Alas, I thought I would never need them again.... Thanks for the input though.

Back